- Learn how to make a dazzling display of nigiri and maki sushi with freshly caught fish from Yamagata Prefecture
- Work alongside Takeshi Suda, an award winning chef from Yamagata Prefecture
- Enjoy a meal built around the 10 pieces of sushi you will make for either breakfast or dinner
In this exclusive culinary course designed by Chef Takeshi Suda, you will work with fresh fish caught off the coast of Yamagata Prefecture and make high grade sushi under his masterful instruction. You will make a variety of nigiri sushi with various cuts of fish ranging from sea bream, flounder, and even blowfish. You will also have the chance to see a whole fish butchered into fresh sashimi that you will also be able to work with. This Yamagata Sushi class is suitable for those with or without experience and can also be adjusted to dietary requirements if necessary.
We will start off by greeting the chef and sitting at the demonstration space inside of his restaurant.
Chef Suda will then butcher a whole fish into fresh sashimi that we will be able to use in the workshop.
Participants will then watch as Chef Suda demonstrates how to make nigiri sushi with a special technique to form immaculate nigiri sushi.
Participants will then try their hand at making their own sushi and will receive continued support from the chef as they make their 10 pieces of nigiri and rolled sushi.
This experience will finish with a meal built around your sushi together with the chef.
Included in price
- All ingredients costs
- Instruction by Chef Suda
- English translation by a local translator
- Meal after the workshop
- Transportation to/from starting/ending points of the experience
- Admission into the aquarium exhibits
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal costs incurred during the tour (souvenirs, etc.)
Know before you book
- The minimum number of guests needed for this tour is 3
3 days prior to the day of your trip – 40 %,
2 days prior – 50 %,
1 day prior – 70%
On the day – 100 %,
No-show – 100 %
- This experience is available at 9:30 or 15:30
- This tour can take place regardless of the weather
What you need to bring
- Information on any allergies or dietary restrictions.
At Okimizuki a Japanese restaurant located inside of the Kamo Aquarium. Note that you do not need to pay admission to the Aquarium to go into the restaurant. You may tell the ticket counter that you are only there for the workshop.
Organised by The Hidden Japan
There are no reviews yet.