- Easily secure one of Tokyo’s cool electric city bikes for your customized cherry blossom tour
- Ride all day, until before midnight and discover Tokyo’s “sakura” spots at your own pace
- Pre-booking available until midnight two days prior to day of use
Spring is arguably the best time to travel in Japan, and if you are in Tokyo during the cherry blossom season, make sure you secure an electric bike for your own exploration of the city’s best “sakura” spots.
Tokyo has an excellent city share bike service, with over 6,000 high-end electric bikes available from 580 ports around the city. There is no better way to get a feel for this very safe megapolis and enjoy the cherry blossom season than to ride its many parks, back streets, and broad sidewalks with the wind and sakura petals blowing in your hair. In 2020 in Tokyo, cherry blossoms are forecast to flower on/around March 19, and to be in full bloom on/around March 27.
We solve the two biggest drawbacks of a share bike, which is competition for bikes at the popular locations and finding a bike that is fully charged. Our pre-booked service guarantees you get a fully charged bike, waiting for you at one of our designated pre-booked sites, along with options such as helmets and recommended riding courses.
All you need to do is pick spots where you’d like to enjoy Tokyo’s cherry blossoms and you are ready to go on your spring adventure.
Some of the well-known cherry blossom spots are:
Shinjuku Gyoen Park
Check out our Japan Travel Bike page for more information on the Bike Share service.
Included in price
- Tokyo electric city share bike for whole day (until 23:59)
- Fully charged battery
- Front basket for your backpack
- Optional helmets
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to and from the bicycle pickup/drop off points
Pre-booking is available until midnight two days prior to day of use. (for example, if you would like to use a share bike on March 29, you need to place your order by 23:59, on March 27).
Bike Pickup Location:
*Check the map of pre-pickup locations here.
- Shibuya JT Bike pickup
- Shinjuku JT Bike pickup
- Roppongi JT Bike pickup
- Kojimachi JT Bike pickup
- Akihabara JT Bike pickup
- Ginza/Tsukiji JT Bike pickup
- Bike (150 cm - 180 cm)
- Bike (160 cm - 190 cm)
Helmet: (+ 300 yen)
*Not required, but recommended
- Medium (54 cm - 58 cm)
- Large (58 cm - 61 cm)
Know before you book
- Children (generally under 12) are not allowed to rent electric assist bikes.
- You must be at least 4 feet and 7 inches (140 cm) tall.
- You should have sufficient travel, injury, sickness, or accident (including sporting accidents) insurance.
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.