- Swim with dolphins
- Explore the island
- Relax, stargaze, recharge
Japan Travel takes you on another fun island adventure to Toshima Island. One of the smaller less visited Tokyo islands. We'll explore the island, spend some time boating and open water snorkeling looking for dolphins, turtles, and fish.
Join us on this amazing island adventure with a chance to free swimming with wild dolphins! The setting of this adventure weekend camping trip takes place on the little volcanic island of Toshima, part of the Tokyo Island group.
Space is limited please sign up early!
The area is home to a pod of Indo-Pacific Bottle-nose dolphins. These dolphins are living in the wild, in their natural environment and amazing experience getting up close and personal in their natural habitat! It’s possible to meet small family groups, mothers, young adults and even very cute babies along with other marine life like turtles. A great trip for a waterproof camera.
We have reserved bunkbeds on the large passenger ferry to the island with plenty of places to hang out, relax, and party. We will stay at a quaint minshuku (Japanese style hotel) and indulge in the local cuisine.
This area is developing its ecotourism and there is a strict limitation on how many people can visit and swim with the dolphins each day to ensure the environment is kept clean, the dolphins happy, and to maximize the experience visitors to the area have. By joining this trip you are helping support this community development.
- Meet at Takeshiba pier at 9:00pm
- Distribution of supplies & gear
- Trip briefing
- Get on the ferry at 10:00pm
- Overnight ferry ride
- Arrive in Toshima at 7:00am
- Transfer to the dolphin swim base
- Have breakfast (not provided)
- Relax and warm-up / snorkel lesson.
- Dolphin swim in the morning
- Free time after dolphin swim / Hiking
- Minshuku check-in
- Minshuku check-out
- Relax and warm up
- Dolphin swim in the morning / free time
- 12:00 pm: Ferry check-in
- Lunch on the ferry (not provided)
- Around 7:00 pm: Arrive back in Tokyo
+++ End of the event ++
- Sunday Dolphin swim 8,500 advance booking. [Sep 18 (Fri) 3pm]
- Sunday Dolphin swim 10,000 booking after [Sep 18 (Fri) 3pm] / on day subject to availability.
- Saturday snorkel lesson 2,000 yen. (30 mins)
Gear rental* Important: for each swim
- ¥1,200 mask and snorkel set,
- ¥1,200 for fin and boot set,
- ¥2,300 for wet suit.
Gear rental from Tokyo* for the whole weekend, limited sizes and availability
- ¥2500 mask snorkel set and fins
- ¥2500 for wetsuit.
- ¥500 for dry bag. * for keeping items dry on the boat
Measures against the spread of Covid-19:
- All ferry staff wears face masks.
- Passengers' temperature is measured at Takeshiba prior to boarding. (as per Tokyo government measures)
- Passenger waiting area, all toilets on board are equipped with alcohol dispensers.
- Ferry is disinfected and aired on a regular basis.
- There is space between seats, and it is ensured that there is no crowding.
- Japan Travel passengers are required to bring own masks for the ferry. Please bring additional masks for the duration of the trip.
- Individual bunk bed is used to Toshima overnight. It is recommended to spend the return trip on the upper decks outside during the day.
Included in price
- Tokyo - Toshima – Tokyo ferry
- Bunk bed Tokyo – Toshima (overnight | individual cubical)
- Transfer to/from dolphin base & ferry
- Japanese floor space Toshima - Tokyo (day time)
- Minshuku accommodation (1 night)
- Dinner Saturday
- Breakfast Sunday • Dolphin swim Saturday
- Personal expenses incurred during the tour
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances.
- This trip will proceed rain or shine.
- Wetsuit is mandatory for safety to join dolphin swimming with Japan Travel.
- You cannot enter the water without fins.
- Wetsuit provide buoyancy, life jackets are not used as they make it difficult to return to the boat.
- The boat is a great place to view the dolphins and take photos, please don’t feel you need to get into the water each time, especially if you are feeling tired.
- The duration of dolphin swimming in Toshima is 90 mins.
- The dolphins live around the island however with the nature of all wild animals it might not be possible to find them, in this case, an island boat tour and snorkel will be conducted.
- Please bring Saturday breakfast, lunch, and snacks (there is no time to buy breakfast on the island.)
- The dolphin swim base is equipped with shower rooms(hot water), changing rooms, lockers, lavatory, washing machine, refrigerator, microwave.
- The dolphin swim boat is equipped with a toilet.
- Please note: We are swimming and snorkelling with the dolphins, not Scuba diving.
- To join this trip you should have snorkelled at least three times before and able to clear water from your snorkel. You should be also confident at swimming in the ocean where you cannot touch the ground. If you have any questions and/or would like lessons please contact Jordan. <email@example.com>
- Rooms: 3~5 people per room
- A basic restaurant and vending machines are available on the boat.
- Please note there may be a fee for lost or damaged gear
- Final details will be sent to the participants by email two days before the event.
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.