- Traditional tea ceremony in a beautiful tea room. You don’t need to sit on tatami so your feet won’t get numb
- You can select precious antique cups to drink matcha tea from
- You can learn how to make traditional norimaki style sushi and eat it from antique containers dating from Edo period (17th century)
Yanaka, the old town is close to Ueno and Asakusa and one of the very popular locations in Tokyo. With mere 6 minutes walk from Nippori Station, the venue is at a convenient location. It’s not too touristy but has a very warm old town atmosphere. First you will participate traditional tea ceremony. Please select the antique cup you want to drink from. After the tea ceremony, you will learn how to make "norimaki" – both "norimaki" and "inarizushi" are kind of sushi we have had for many years. Enjoy the traditional cuisine served in containers made during Edo period (1603-1868). Taking place at a unique venue with a lot of history, tea ceremony and traditional Japanese lunch will definitely be one of the highlights of your Japan trip.
The Gallery Okubo has over 100 years of history as antique store. Its authentic tea room YUKA-AN is located on the second floor. Over 10,000 guests have visited the tea room since 2015. The charm and the popularity of this experience is based on the hospitality shown by the Okubo family, that has been running the venue for 3 generations. They will let you use their family treasure, antique cups and containers to serve food from Edo period, 17th century Japan.
Included in price
- Sushi (norimaki and inarizushi)
- Matcha green tea and sweets
The experience is available on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Starting time is 11:00.
Know before you book
- Cancellation: 3 days prior to the day of your trip – 50 %,
2 days prior – 70 %,
On the day and no-show – 100 %
Organised by MyPal Yukaan Yanaka
There are no reviews yet.