- Pay a visit to a communal tea factory, shared among over 50 local tea farmers
- Go tea leaf picking, and sample local steamed tea
- Soak up the atmosphere in a trendy downtown Shizuoka cafe which specializes in tea, tea-flavored beverages and desserts
Tour a communal tea factory, and experience tea leaf picking in the Shizuoka countryside. Learn first hand about tea production from the local professionals. Sample locally produced deep-steamed tea. Have your photo taken while tea leaf picking and receive a gift of tea packet with your photo on it. Visit a contemporary cafe in downtown Shizuoka which specializes in varieties of tea, tea-flavored beverages and desserts. Join our Shizuoka tea factory visit, tea leaf picking tour and immerse yourself in the varied Japanese tea culture.
9:00 Meet your driver guide at the South Exit of Shizuoka Station
9:00 - 9:30 Drive to Clean Tea Matsuno Co. - communal tea factory shared among over 50 tea plantation farmers
9:30 - 11:00 Tour Clean Tea Matsuno Co., go tea leaf picking in the tea plantation near the factory, enjoy steamed tea tasting. Receive a complimentary packet of tea with the photo of you tea leaf picking on it.
11:00 - 11:30 Drive back to Shizuoka City
From 11:30 Visit Cha 10 (pronounced "Chato" where "Cha" means "tea" in Japanese, and "to" means "10"), a trendy cafe in downtown Shizuoka that specializes in varieties of teas (including classic matcha used in tea ceremony) , tea-based beverages such as matcha latte and many more. Enjoy their signature matcha cake and receive a complimentary packet of tea
Tour ends at Cha 10
Feel free to explore downtown Shizuoka, such as the remains of the Sunpu Castle and the surrounding park
Included in price
- Guide service (until 11:30 am)
- Complimentary packet of tea at Clean Tea Matsuno Co.
- Matcha dessert at Cha 10
- Transportation to/from starting/ending points of the tour
- Any other expenses incurred by the customer
Minimum number of participants per tour is 1 person.
Maximum number of participants per tour is 3 persons.
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.