- Ski at one of the biggest ski resorts in Japan!
- Experience some of the best powder of the season!
- A chance to see world-famous snow monkeys soaking in a hot spring, and drink the local craft beer!
JapanTravel takes you to Shiga Kogen, one of Japan's largest ski resorts, and home to the snow monkeys that soak themselves in a hot spring for the winter!
The hotel is centrally located in Nagano's Shiga Kogen area - a resort made up of 19 different ski grounds that are largely interlinked via the slopes and a comprehensive lift system, making it the largest ski resort in Japan! The well-known and super-fun Jigokudani Monkey Park is less than 5 km away from the hotel and makes for an excellent optional activity on Sunday!
Friday (Jan 25)
19:40 Meet in Shinjuku
20:00 Departure for Shiga Kogen
Short service area stops along the way
Around 00:30 Arrival in Shiga Kogen
Check-in at the hotel
Organize rental wear / have a drink in the lobby or get some rest.
Saturday (Jan 26)
7:30 Breakfast /Gear up
8:30 - 17:00 Ski/snowboarding
At leisure: Enjoy the hotel’s large sento (bath), relax at the hotel
19:30 Apres-ski party
Sunday (Jan 27)
7:30 Breakfast/Gear up
8:30 - 15:00 Ski/snowboarding or
8:30 - 14:00 Optional Snow Monkeys Trip
At leisure: hot shower, hotel’s large sento (bath)
16:00 Departure from hotel in Shiga Kogen
Service area stops along the way
~20:45 Arrival in Shinjuku
- Bus transfer from/to Shinjuku
- Two-night stay at hotel in Shiga Kogen (with 2 breakfasts and 1 dinner)
- One-day lift pass
Trip options and rentals (Payment made on the day):
- Private room for 2 people (3,000 yen/person for 2 nights)
- Lift pass on Sunday, Jan 27 (4,500 yen)
- Snow monkeys tour (transportation, entrance fee, guide included) on Sunday, Jan 27 (2,500 yen)
- Skis/poles/boots set rental for 2 days (3,000 yen)
- Snowboard/boots set rental for 2 days (3,000 yen)
- Ski jacket/pants/gloves set rental for 2 days (3,000 yen)
- Gloves only rental for 2 days (800 yen)
- Goggles rental for 2 days (800 yen)
- Helmet rental for 2 days (1,200 yen)
- Ski/snowboard boots Japanese size 29.5 cm and above 1,000 yen extra per day
- Birthday on Jan 25-27 (3,000 yen) *cannot be used group discount. Please show ID on the bus.
- Group of 4 (1,000 yen/person) - Group leader/name required. *Group leader please note the group members in comments on the sign-up form.
- Beginner discount (3,000 yen) No lift pass provided.
Other important information:
- Free beginner ski/snowboard lessons on Saturday, Jan 26, from 9:30 am until 12 pm
- Lift pass not required to join this. However, if you're a fast learner and want to ride the chairlifts, "ride tickets" can be purchased on site for about 300-350 yen per ride. On average, beginners only take the chairlifts 4-5 times the entire weekend.
- Itinerary may vary due to the weather, traffic conditions, and other unavoidable circumstances
- Own insurance (health, social, company, etc.) is a MUST to be able join
- Minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 persons per room
- Rooms will be allocated to participants' preference
- Male/female-only rooms are available
- Group of friends can have their own room
- Private room for 2 persons available for an extra fee on a first-come/first-served basis (limited rooms)
- Ski/snowboarding off-piste is strictly prohibited
- We will try to accommodate all dietary requirements. However, we are unable to guarantee the hotel/lodge can cater for every meal
- Lift pass will not be provided if the beginners discount is availed
- Variety of lunch options available around the resort
- Personal gear can be sent to the hotel by takkyubin, a delivery service; Address will be provided on request
- Cancellation polices for the tour:20 - 14 days before the trip: 30% of trip cost13 - 7 days before the trip: 50% of trip cost6 - 2 days before the trip: 70% of trip cost1 day before the trip: 100% of trip costDay of trip: 100% of trip costNo show: 100% of trip cost