- Meet Samurai Joe, the most experienced and famous tour guide in Kyoto
- Explore Kyoto in depth with Samurai Joe
- Have a delicious local lunch
Discover the real cool Kyoto with Joe Okada, the Last Samurai. Joe -san is a tour guide with decades of experience. Join a fun and informative 5-hour long walk across the streets of Japan's ancient capital, and let Samurai Joe show you around Kyoto. Enjoy unique stories, explanations and a samurai demonstration. Taste the local foods, as well as Japanese sake. Visit arts and crafts stores and find the perfect souvenirs for friends and family. Discover Kyoto in a new way with Joe-san, the Last Samurai on this special semi-private walking tour.
Samurai guide Joe Okada knows Kyoto inside out. Walk with Joe, the cool samurai, and discover the charms of Japan's ancient capital - the cool Kyoto.
Read more about Joe-san, your Kyoto Samurai guide.
09:45 Meet at Kyoto City Hall Square
10:00 Start the walk, enjoy Teramachi Street and visit:
- several art-related stores
- a sake store for sake tasting
- a Buddhist temple
- Shimo Goryo Jinja (Shinto temple) and a rare samurai sword demonstration
12:00 Walk into the Kyoto Old Imperial Palace, Coronation Hall and two private gardens
14: 00 Meet people at the local Demachi Market, try sushi, tofu, chicken, sweets, etc.
15: 00 The tour ends and Joe assists you by providing further traveling information
Included in price
- Services of the guide, Samurai Joe
- All items listed in the itinerary
- Travel to/from the starting and ending point of the tour
- Travel insurance
Minimum number of participants required for the semi-private tour to run is 1.
Maximum number of participants required for the semi-private tour to run is 10.
Tour price is 40,000 yen, with additional 1,000 yen per person for lunch. Vegetarians are welcome.
*If the tour is not running on your preferred date, Joe Okada will offer an alternate date, as the tour is subject to his availability, since he is the only guide.
OTHER EXCLUSIVE TOURS with SAMURAI JOE
- Private tour with Samurai Joe
Duration: 7 hours
Rate: 50,000 yen
- Tour Package A: Includes performances of Samurai Joe and two ninjas. There is also a lecture on history, philosophy, and the Way of Samurai and Ninja.
Venue is at the Ninja Dojo or a selected venue in downtown Kyoto
Duration: 60 minutes
Rate: 130,000 yen
- Tour Package C: Focuses mainly on a Samurai and Ninja show at your banquet. Samurai Joe has hosted 400 times for leading companies.
Venue is not included in the package.
Duration: 40 minutes
Rate: 210,000 yen
- Tour Package D: Private lesson to learn the art of Katana, including "How to cut an apple in the air in 60 seconds". Okada has taught two American students, and got on the Guinness World Record by cutting 14 and 24 apples. Samurai Joe will make sure you cut at least a few apples.
Duration: 4 hours
Rate: 100,000 yen
For the above tour packages a 30% downpayment is needed for final confirmation, and the cancellation fee after that is 30%.
Contact us for more information and availability at email@example.com
Organised by Cool Kyoto Walking Tour
There are no reviews yet.