- Tour the bustling Japanese Tsukiji Market, famous as the biggest wholesale fish and seafood market in the world
- Learn about the history of Tsukiji Market and its offerings from a knowledgeable, English speaking, professional tour guide with years of experience in the hotel and food and beverage industry
- Witness the well known Tuna Auction at Tsukiji Market, from when brokers check the quality of the fish to when they sold at extravagant prices
Explore the renown Tsukiji Market with a professional, English-speaking tour guide! Watch the infamous Tuna Auction (optional add-on) in the early morning and explore the Tsukiji Fish Market afterwards in this extensive tour!
Below is the information about the Tsukiji Fish Market Tour and the optional add-on Tuna Auction Tour. Please note the Tuna Auction Tour is only available as an add-on with the Tsukiji Fish Market Tour. Bookings for same day or the day before is difficult, so please book ahead.
Tsukiji Fish Market Tour:
Restaurants in Uogashi-Yokocho were originally for dealers and chefs who visited the market for purchasing their dish ingredients.
Recently, those restaurants are earning a well-respected reputation among Japanese citizens and tourists for its fresh and high-quality dishes.
Although Uogashi-Yokocho houses appear simple and humble, the long wait lines are proof of the intense popularity for these fresh and reasonably priced sushi dishes.
The guide Kiyoshi will guide you every step of the way throughout the fish market, full of endless rows of fish, fruits, and vegetables. He'll teach you the history of Tsukiji and the food industry in Japan from his many years of experience working in hospitality!
- 07:00 am - Start Tsukiji Market tour
- 07:30 am - Fruits and vegetable market
- 08:00 am - Visit Uogashi Yokocho
- 08:30 am - Break for breakfast or coffee
- 09:00 am - "Jogai" or outer market
- 10:00 am - Explore the Fish market
- 10:30 am - End of the tour
Optional Add-on - Tsukiji Tuna Auction:
*Closed from mid-December 2016 to beginning of January 2017
Experience the energy and excitement of Tokyo's premier Tuna Auction at the famous Tsukiji Fish Market with a professional and knowledgable tour guide! The guide Kiyoshi will guide you every step of the way to watch the Tuna Auction and teach you about the history of Tsukiji and the food industry in Japan from his many years of experience working in Japan's Hotel and Food & Beverage industry.
Be one of the first people to arrive at the Tuna Auction site at 3am to reserve your spot and see first hand as the early morning brokers check deep inside the famous tuna using flashlights as they assess the quality before the Tuna Auction. Then witness the infamous Tuna Auction between 5:30am and 6:00am. Participants will be able to experience this exciting daily event live and see the extravagant prices paid for high-quality tuna.
After watching the Tuna Auction, you will complete your morning with sushi for breakfast at a highly-recommended restaurant. The sushi will surely be the freshest fish you have ever eaten!
Closed Dates in 2017:
- April 2, 5, 9, 12, 16, 19, 23, 29, 30
- May 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 14, 21, 24, 28
- June 4, 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, 28
- July 2, 5, 9, 16, 17, 23, 26, 30
- August 6, 11, 13, 14, 15, 20, 23, 27, 30
- September 3, 10, 13, 17, 18, 23, 24, 27
- October 1, 4, 8, 9, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29
- November 3, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 23, 26
- December 3, 6, 10, 17, 24, 31
Tsukiji Fish Market is a place designed for food professionals and was not originally intended for tourism. Be vigilant of the busy forklifts and carts working from the early hours of the morning. We also strongly recommend casual clothing and comfortable shoes for your safety.
- Groups larger than 5 people will be split into 2 groups.
- Please do not bring strollers or luggage to the market, as the passageways are very narrow.
- Your tour may be a group tour with other guests. We will always inform you prior to the tour.
- If you have a child please let me know in advance.
- You don't need to pay for lunch for the guide.
What you need to bring:
- Casual clothing and comfortable shoes
The meeting location will be confirmed after you booking.