- Hike Japan's largest marsh, located 150 km north of Tokyo
- Enjoy lush nature said to have been around since Ice Age
- Hike with experienced , friendly guide, meet old and make new friends
Don't miss out on a unique adventure and our Oze National Park hiking tour. Join us for an exciting overnight hike through the picturesque Oze marshlands. Stay in a mountain lodge and stargaze at night.
Oze National Park is a popular hiking destination north of Tokyo. The park covers a 372 km² area and overlaps 4 different prefectures. Its most well-known feature is the Ozegahara Marshland. Oze is extremely popular in late spring with blooming skunk cabbages and during the fall with the early arrival of autumn colours.
We are headed to the Ozegahara Marshland, a fantastic and very scenic hike. The trails are well maintained and elevated boardwalks allow an unforgettable hike above marshlands. Overnight in a mountain lodge, there are waterfalls, lakes, and mountains to explore, and the area is high up with very little light pollution making it an ideal spot for stargazing.
7:00 am: Meet in Shinjuku
7:15 am: Departure for Oze
10:45 am: Arrive at Oze National Park
Orientation/safety briefing/start hike
Explore the Mt Hiuchigatake and Lake Ozenuma
3:30 pm: Check into the mountain hut
5:30 pm: Dinner
6:30 pm: Stargazing
9:00 pm: Lights out
6:00 am: Breakfast
7:00 am: Waterfall hike
Explore the Ozegahara marshlands and enjoy the amazing mountain scenery. Picnic lunch
2:30 pm: Finish the trek
3:30 pm: Onsen
6:00 pm: Arrive back in Tokyo at Shinjuku
This tour includes:
- Private return transportation
- Accommodation (Mountain Hut)
- Dinner (Saturday) and breakfast (Sunday)
- English speaking guide
This tour does NOT include:
- Mt Hiuchigatake climb [depending on conditions and participant interest.]
- Onigiri bento 700 yen (from Mountain Hut Sunday)
- Onsen 1,000 yen (Sunday after hike)
What you need to bring:
- Clothing appropriate for hiking
- Hiking boots/shoes
- Small towel and toothbrush
- A torch (headlamp)
- Do not bring shampoo or soap in order to protect the environment
- Mountain Hut, shared with two rooms
The meeting point is Outside west exit of Shinjuku station, at Shinjuku Center Building (新宿センタービル), on the side facing the Seiji Togo Memorial Sompo Japan Nippon Koa Museum of Art.
Organised by Eighty Days
There are no reviews yet.