- Easy day trip from Tokyo
- Enjoy beautiful scenery in the Mount Fuji Five Lakes Region, shopping and cafe time in Kawaguchiko
- Explore a traditional Japanese Thatched Roof Village, Kubota Kimono Museum and Gardens, wear silk kimono, samurai armor or ninja costume for a photo and much more
Meet your guide at Kawaguchiko Station and drive to Iyashi Thatched Roof Village to explore the quaint shops with traditional handicrafts. Try on a silk kimono or samurai armor for a photo, and enjoy a home style Japanese lunch with soba noodles and tempura mountain vegetables or try our local hamburger cafe.
After a lakeside beach stop for a Mt Fuji photo opportunity, visit the Kubota Kimono Museum. The Museum is a masterpiece of art and architecture. There are also an Okinawan coral underground jewelry shop and cafe. Explore the Japanese gardens and hidden waterfalls.
We finish with free time for browsing the shops and cafes around Kawaguchiko Station. If you are returning to Tokyo, trains and buses depart hourly to Tokyo/Shinjuku/Shibuya etc.
(We adjust the day to your schedule and pace. So if you want an early lunch or late lunch, more time for kayaking or hiking, let the guide know when you arrive.)
11:30 Meet your guide at the Kawaguchiko Station cafe and gift shop.
12:00-14:30 Lunch at Iyashi Thatched Roof Village and time to explore the quaint shops with traditional handicrafts. Photos in traditional kimono, samurai armor or ninja wear.
14:30 – 15:00 Drive along Lake Saiko and Lake Kawaguchiko with Mt Fuji photos opportunity.
15:00 – 16:15 Visit Kubota Kimono Museum and explore the coral gallery shop, Japanese gardens and waterfall.
16:30 Return to Kawaguchiko Station with free time in town at the shops, restaurants and cafes around the station.
Local transportation by car around the Fuji 5 Lakes area is provided.
If you are coming from or returning to Tokyo, trains and buses run hourly between Tokyo/Shinjuku/Shibuya Stations and Kawaguchiko Station.
Included in price
- Local transportation around Mt Fuji
- Professional guide services
- Entrance fees for museums, caves, etc.
- Transportation to and from Kawaguchiko Station
- Lunch and cafe snacks
- Additional activities or extended tours (available upon request)
What you need to bring
- Dress warm and dry. Mountain weather can change from cloud to sun to cloud in a
- Bring a hat and glasses for the sun's UV here at 1000 m elevation
- Good walking shoes
- A great attitude to have fun with us!
- 10% after booking
- 25% up to one week before
- 35% less than one week before
Organised by Mt Fuji Outdoor Tours
Lovely day for a stroll around the village. Really nice guide and got some great family shots. Thanks again