- Set on an unforgettable ride along the scenic Fuji Five Lakes at the base of majestic Mt. Fuji
- Eat like a local - rest stops every 20 kilometers offer the opportunity to enjoy the taste of rural Japan with local delicacies available to help you re-energize & keep going
- Fuji Long Ride offers three unique courses for cyclists of any level
Choose one of the three bike courses available, and set out on a memorable cycling tour at the foot of the magnificent Mt. Fuji and around the five great lakes.
The Fuji Long Ride is Japan’s iconic cycling event that takes cyclists of all levels on an unforgettable ride near Mt. Fuji and around the five great lakes. Mt. Fuji is long said to have spiritual powers that lift visitors to new heights! The three course options are designed to give any cyclists a chance to ride at his or her own pace and skill level. Along the ride you’ll enjoy stunning views and the chance to refuel on seasonal Japanese delicacies.
Please note that all three courses take cyclists around the base of Mt. Fuji and the surrounding five lakes.
At no point will riders ascend Mt. Fuji.
Mt. Fuji Long Ride Event details:
Sept 8 and Sept 9, 2018
Important: Depending on the registration date, the registration fees for all three courses differ.
If participants are in the event area on Sept 8 and able to register in person on that day, they can purchase tickets at the following prices:
Challenge Ride (130 km) at 9,000 yen
Enjoy Ride (60 km) at 6,000 yen
Family Ride (30 km) at 4,000 yen
If participants are in the event area on the day of the event itself - Sept 9, they can purchase the tickets at the following prices:
Challenge Ride (130 km) at 12,000 yen
Enjoy Ride (60 km) at 9,000 yen
Family Ride (30 km) at 5,000 yen
September 9, 2018
August 23, 2018.
Yamanakako Exchange Plaza KIRARA
〒401-0502 479-2 Hirano, Yamanakako-mura
• Challenge Ride for experienced cyclists - a 130 km course around around all Fuji Five Lakes.
• Enjoy Ride for advanced cyclists - a 60 km course around Lake Yamanakako and Lake Kawaguchiko
• Family Ride for beginners - a 30 km course around Lake Kawaguchiko with spectacular views of Mt. Fuji
• Challenge Ride:
Group A: 06:00 / Group B: 06:30 / Group C: 07:00
• Enjoy Ride: 08:00
• Family Ride: 09:00
COT (Cut-off time) is 17:00 for all riders irrespective of group/course.
All riders need to reach the last check point along their respective course by 16:00.
While participation is open to cyclists of all levels, those wishing to participate should be in good health and confident in their ability to complete their chosen course.
Minors aged 12 to 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Minors aged 16 to 19 must provide signature approval by a parent or guardian.
Please note that views of Mt Fuji may be affected by changeable weather conditions.
Read about this iconic event and see more photos here.
This event includes:
- Snacks (max. 1 per rest area) and drinks are available from rest areas along the course
- Certificate of completion (in Japanese) awarded to those who complete their respective course
- Insurance for Japanese citizens and foreigners residing in Japan
This event does NOT include:
- Insurance for inbound travelers - temporary visitors to Japan. They need to have their own travel insurance arranged in order to participate in the event
- Insurance for personal bikes
Know before you book:
The event organizers reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who is not willing to comply with the rules and regulations. Rules and regulations of the event will be sent to participants via email.
What you need to bring:
In case you are bringing your own bicycle, also bring accompanying equipment (a helmet, basic bicycle repair kit) and wear appropriate clothing suitable for cycling
Other important information:
Available rental bikes are suitable for height ranges between 145 cm and 185 cm.
- 15 min from Higashifuji-goko Road Yamanakako Interchange
- 25 min from Tōmei Expressway Gotemba Interchange
From the Tokyo area:
- Take the Fujikyukou bus departing from Tokyo Station's Yaesu Kita (North) exit (東京駅八重洲北口) bus terminal to the last stop, Yamanakako Asahigaoka Bus Terminal (山中湖旭ヶ丘バスターミナル).
Similar Fujikyukou buses depart from Shinjuku's highway bus terminal to Yamanakako Asahigaoka Bus Terminal.
- Buses departing from Shibuya will take you to a number of bus stops nearby Mt. Fuji - you will then need to transfer and board a second bus to Yamanaka Lake.
- For more information on the Fujikyukou highway buses, click here (in English).
From the Tokyo area:
- From Shinjuku station, take the JR Chuo Line to Otsuki Station (about 90 min). Board the Fujikyu Railway to Fujisan Station (about 50 min), then take the Fujikyukou bus to Yamanaka Lake (about 25 min).
- From Tokyo station, take the JR Tokaido Honsen (Main Line) to Kozu Station (about 80 min). Board the Gotenba Line to Gotenba Station (about 1 hour), then take the Fujikyukou Bus to Yamanaka Lake (about 40 min).
The meeting place is at Yamanakako Exchange Plaza KIRARA.