- Learning about the faith of Mt. Fuji
- Local Industry and “Goshuin (Handwritten stamps that prove that you have visited a temple or shrine)”
- Activities to experience "rebirth”
This tour is an alternative to Tour 1 and Tour 2 in case they cannot be held due to rain. There will be both half-day and full-day tours available and each day/course may be taken independently or together as one multi-day tour and this tour can be included in your itinerary if you wish, even in non-rainy weather.
Day 1 or Afternoon course: Learning about the faith of Mt. Fuji on site.
Day 2 or One-day course: Collecting Goshuins, which are considered as a record of your relationship with the gods and Buddha.
Day 3 or Morning course: Visiting the sacred tunnels called "Otainai Meguri" because of their resemblance to the human body. Many people visit this place to purify themselves, so we recommend that you include it in the process before climbing Mt. Fuji!
Day 1 or Afternoon course:
- We will meet at Fujiyama Station at 10:45 a.m. and take a leisurely stroll with a guide through "Oshi-machi" where the Oshi houses and torii gates are located. For lunch, we will have udon noodles, a specialty of Fujiyoshida City.
- We will then visit the Fuji-san Museum, which has plenty of exhibits on Mt. Fuji and learn various knowledge about the beliefs of this mountain.
Day 2 or One-day course:
- We will visit the Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen Shrine and pray for the safety of our journey.
- Next, we will experience the making of a Goshuin book made of woven fabric, a traditional industry of Fujiyoshida City. Not only can you use this book for the tour scheduled in the afternoon, but you can also take it home as your own original souvenir.
- In the afternoon, we will visit a total of four shrines.
- In addition, you will be able to see the stables where the horses for yabusame archery are kept, the scenery that once graced the cover of the Michelin Green Guide as well as Lake Kawaguchi and Mt. Fuji.
Day 3 or Morning course:
- Today, we will go around several lava tree molds, where Fuji-kō people (an organization made up of people worshiping the mountain) used to perform misogi (a form of purification). Especially in Funatsu Lava Tree Molds, you will have a chance to experience some simple caving. We also recommend craft experiences for small children!
- The next stop, the Yoshida Lava Tree Molds, is not normally open to visitors, but those who participated in this tour will have special access to it, making them feel as if they were members of the Fuji-kō.
- We will then take a taxi to Fujisan Station and wrap up the tour.
Included in price
- Transportation from meeting to departure
- Admission and experience fees
- English-speaking guide
- 1 lunch for the One-day Course
- Transportation to and from Mt. Fuji
- Personal expenses such as souvenirs
Prices for these tours:
- Day 1 Itinerary (or Afternoon course): JPY 18,000 per person
- Day 2 Itinerary (or 1-day course): JPY 36,000 per person
- Day 3 Itinerary (or Morning course): JPY 9,000 per person
Each itinerary (course) may be requested separately or taken as a multi-day tour for a total price of JPY 63,000 per person
Know before you book
Cancellation fees are as follows:
- 10 days prior to the trip: 20% of the total price
- 7 days prior: 30% of the total price
- 1 day before: 40% of the total price
- Before the meeting time: 50% of the total price
- After the meeting time and no show: 100% of the total price
What you need to bring
- Comfortable climbing shoes
- Comfortable and warm clothes
There are no reviews yet.