- Chance to learn traditional washi making techniques
- Hands-on experience to create your own washi postcards
- Quick tour of historic washi studio to improve your washi knowledge.
Japanese washi has long been made using traditional techniques. Matsusaki washi has been manufactured in Omachi, Nagano pref. for about 980 years since the city first produced it for the festival held at the national treasure Nishina Shinmei Shrine. On this tour, the artisan will show you this historic washi studio. After exploring, you'll get a hands-on experience making washi postcards. Design them with the petals and leaves, then add colors to create your very own postcards. It will be perfect souvenirs for yourself, or for your loved ones.
Starting time: 8:00-17:00
1. Meet at Matsusaki Washi
2. Studio observation
Artisan will show you the historic washi-making studio.
3. Washi Paper Making Experience
Create your very own washi postcards using petals and leaves. You can take home your
postcards as a souvenir or a special gift for someone back home!
4. End of activity
Included in price
- Washi paper-making lesson (Multiple postcards)
- Studio observation
- Other expenses not listed above
Know before you book:
- This activity is suitable for ages 4 and up.
- You can book a minimum of 2 and maximum of 20 spots.
- There is no foreign language assistance on this tour. However, staff will provide support using a language-translating devices and explanation materials.
- Please provide us with your name, mobile phone number, nationality, and number of participants at the time of booking.
- The day before - 20%
- On the day - 50%
Organised by Mie Kotsu Co., Ltd.
There are no reviews yet.