- One of the rare traditional Japanese culture facets which used to be only available for noble people
- Enjoy the smell of incense, and participate in traditional incense game
- Includes delicious lunch before experiencing the incense tradition culture
Yanaka, the old town is close to Ueno and Asakusa and one of the very popular locations in Tokyo. With only about 6 minutes walk from Nippori station, the venue is conveniently located. It’s not too touristy but has a very warm old town atmosphere. This experience is specially tailored for Japan Travel. You will participate incense tradition called "Kodo" after lunch at the venue. Kodo is known as one of the oldest facets of culture and tradition which exist in Japan.
A part of the experience is a so-called incense game. You will smell 3 kinds of incense and remember the smell. Then it’s time for the test. The entire process and ceremony is beautifully conveyed from preparation till finish. It includes lunch and you can chose from keema curry, quiche and toast, or brown rice onigiri rice ball.
The Gallery Okubo has over 100 years of history as antique store. Its authentic tea room YUKA-AN is located on the second floor. Over 10,000 guests have visited the tea room since 2015. The charm and the popularity of this experience is based on the hospitality shown by the Okubo family, run by 3 generations. The grandmother is the master teacher of Incense tradition. You will learn directly from the master.
Included in price
- Lunch (Select from Keema curry / Quiche and toasted bread / Brown rice onigiri rice ball)
The experience is available on Sundays.
Starting time is 13:00.
Know before you book
- Cancellation: 3 days prior to the day of your trip – 50 %,
2 days prior – 70 %,
On the day and no-show – 100 %
- Please do not wear any perfume on the day
- Let us know if there’s any food restriction
Organised by MyPal Yukaan Yanaka
There are no reviews yet.