- Escape Tokyo crowds, head to Ibaraki, only an hour and half away by train, and explore the picturesque countryside on a rental bike
- Try local specialties, and visit a sake brewery which boasts a two-century tradition
- Opt for a self-guided tour and discover the area on your own, or choose a guided experience and learn about Ibaraki first-hand from a local guide
Leave Tokyo for a couple of days and enjoy the change of scenery on a two-day Tsuchiura Cycling Tour. Arrive at Tsuchiura Station, only an hour and a half away from Tokyo by train. At Ring Ring Port Tsuchiura hop on a rental bicycle and set out to explore the surroundings. Ibaraki Prefecture, known across the country for its production of "natto" fermented soy beans, is also home to the nation's second largest lake - Lake Kasumigaura. The tour takes you along the well-marked cycling path which offers views of the lake and the countryside. Enjoy local flavors at lunch time. This area is the largest and best known "renkon" lotus root producing region. Check out a sake brewery in the afternoon and do some amazake tasting. Head to your accommodation later on and rest up. On the following day, before heading back to Tsuchiura Station, do some more exploration of the area and catch a glimpse of Mt. Tsukuba along your route. Have lunch at another local eatery, relax, enjoy the atmosphere and afterwards pedal back to Ring Ring Port Tsuchiura where you will return your rental bike. Afterwards, head for Tsuchiura Station.
- Arrive at Tsuchiura Station by train from Tokyo
*Take the JR Joban Line (for shorter riding time, take the Hitachi or Tokiwa Express Service)
- Assemble bike at Ring Ring Port Tsuchiura
- Ride to Lake Kasumigaura
- Lunch at Kasumi Kitchen
- Ride to Takahama, visit Hirose Shoten (Shiragiku) sake brewery
*Note that in Japan driving as well as bicycle riding after alcohol consumption is illegal.
- Ride to accommodation
Accommodation options include:
1. Cottage-style, No meals included
2. Japanese style guest house, in Kasumigaura, Dinner and breakfast included
- Ride to Mishima on south side of Lake Kasumigaura
- Lunch at Shimizuya
- Ride to Le Cyc, cycling shop, at Tsuchiura Station, disassemble bike
1-30, Ariake-cho, Tsuchiura City PLAYatre Tsuchiura 1F
- Return to Tokyo by train
Included in price
- Rental bicycle fee for Day 1 and Day 2
- Guide (for guided tour)
- Accommodation on Day 1
- Lunch on Day 1 and Day 2
- 1 beverage per person with lunch on Day 2
- Transportation to/from Tsuchiura Station
- Any personal expenses
Other Important Information:
- The tour will go on sale after the end of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Participation applications are subject to national agreements.
- Tour content may be changed to the same quality content depending on the season or suppliers’ circumstances.
Know before you book:
- 6 to 4 days prior to the day of your trip – 50 %,
- 3 days prior – 100 %,
- On the day, No-show – 100 %
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.