- Discover wonders of traditional Japan far from the crowds
- Visit castle towns that remain unchanged from feudal times
- Explore the history of the industrial revolution in Japan which marked the country’s entry to modern age
You are traveling to Hiroshima from Kyoto or Osaka? Do not turn back from there and continue your adventure further west. There is so much in West Chugoku region that awaits to be discovered.
Board on a comfortable ride with a local guide, and discover Hagi, the castle town that have resisted the weariness of time to offer you a look at a feudal Japan.
Discover the samurai districts that have stood since the times the lands were governed by the Mori clan samurai lords. Explore the houses of prestigious historical figures that played crucial roles in the industrial revolution in Japan, which began around 1870.
- Meet with your private driver and English-speaking guide at Shin-Yamaguchi Station
- Transfer to Hagi
- Visit Hagi Meirin Gakusha Visitor Center, also named "Meirinkan": presently an historical museum, previously a school where samurai lords, members of the local Mori clan, received their education
- Lunch: Hotori Tei or similar
- Visit Hagi's Former Castle Town District, with Kikuya Former Merchant Residence
- Visit Shoin Shrine
Haginoyado Tomoe is available at additional cost
- Visit Tokoji Temple
- Transfer back to Shin-Yamaguchi Station
- Visit Unrinji Temple on the way out of Hagi (suggestion)
Included in price
- All inclusive car with private driver for 2 days
- English-Speaking guide for 2 days
- Accommodation (with dinner & breakfast)
- Entrance fees
- Lunch on Day 1
- Lunch on Day 2
- Other fees not listed in the “Included” section
From 464,000 yen/2 persons
Know before you book
- Get to meeting point and ending point easily with Japan Rail Pass
What you need to bring
- Nothing particular
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.