- All-inclusive glamping experience in a village in Nagano known for the most wonderful starry sky in Japan
- Course dinner at Pop-up restaurant serving local fresh food just for guests and fresh vegetable picking experience (sweet corns)
- Exclusive stargazing experience using the famous astronomic telescope company VIXEN products
"The Caravan" offers you the experience of Japan's lush nature in a getaway retreat away from the urban sprawl. Without the need for outdoor gear, you can enjoy the accommodation set deep in the nature, offering the comfort of a resort hotel or ryokan. Indulge in the real glamping experience surrounded by the rich nature of Japan.
A travel guide book will never lead you to a destination like this. It is one of Japan’s yet to be known spots for tourists and could be one of your highlights during your stay in Japan.
The glamping destination is Achimura in Nagano, which is known for the most beautiful starry sky in Japan. It is about 4 hours from Tokyo by car/train and 1.5 hours away from Nagoya. It is a very small, peacefull village with a hot spring, surrounded by beautiful rivers and abundant in fresh vegetables. It is hard to believe this is Japan as well, when compared to big cities such as Tokyo.
In August, sweet corns are at its best in the area and you can enjoy picking them in the daytime.
At night time, you can enjoy the vast starry sky with the exclusive content supported by the famous astronomic telescope company “VIXEN”.
Of course do not forget the hot spring.
15:30 Namiai Sweet corn picking
18:45 Dinner begins with one-night only pop up dining space
20:30 End of dinner
21:00 Stargazing session supported by VIXEN exclusive for the guests
21:00 Bonfire & Bar Time begins
24:00 Bar closes, end of the day
07:30 Achimura’s famous「Morning Marche」visit (upon request)
08:30 Outdoor breakfast nearby your tent
11:00 Check out
Read about The Caravan glamping experience in Ustunomiya, Tochigi here.
The tour dates are Aug 11 - 12, 2018.
This tour includes:
- 1-night stay in a simple luxury tent (maximum capacity: 3 adults ) with basic equipment and amenities (shampoo/conditioner/body wash/soap), electrical taps are also available
- 2 meals (course dinner at a guest only private pop-up restaurant, breakfast nearby your tent) + night snack if requested
- Free-flow drinks throughout the stay
- Sweet corn picking at the local farm
- Hot spring bath near the accommodation
- Transportation from nearby station. 30 min drive by private car
This tour does NOT include:
- Transportation fee required until/beyond the meeting point
- Night wear, cosmetic goods (cleansing, facial wash, skin lotions etc.)
- Rain wear
- Air-conditioning, refrigerator, TV
Know before you book
- This is a glamping experience tour during which you will get to know a small Japanese village called Achimura
- The tour will be cancelled in case of extreme weather conditions (typhoons, heavy rains etc…). In case of moderate rain or wind the tour will not be cancelled
- You can also enjoy Matsumoto in Nagano, Nagoya before/after the glamping tour to maximize your visit (out of tour scope). Our staff will provide you with the information on must-go places
- Guest cancellations:
Up to 31 days prior to tour date: free of charge
30 to 16 days prior to tour date: 15% of accommodation price
15 to 11 days prior to tour date: 30% of accommodation price
10 to 4 days prior to tour date: 50% of accommodation price
3 to 1 day prior to tour date: 70% of accommodation price
On the tour date: 100% of accommodation price
- Organizer cancellations: Tour may be cancelled due to inclement weather conditions, and other unforeseen circumstances, in which case the organizer offers a refund.
Cancellation on the tour date prior to check in: 100% refund
Cancellation after check in and before dinner time: 50% refund
Cancellation after dinner and during the first day of the tour: 30%
Cancellation on the second day of the tour: No refund
What you need to bring
- Warm clothing as it sometimes gets colder than we expect regardless of the season
- Shoes that can get dirty