- Explore Kamakura's historical spots and meet the Great Buddha!
- Visit the historical and attractive island Enoshima!
- Enjoy a relaxing trip that includes almost all your needs.
This one day tour takes you to historical Kamakura and the historical island Enoshima by bus with an English-speaking guide. Extend your trip to Tokyo by heading out to its beautiful and exciting suburbs to see a whole new Japan.
Participate in this tour to enjoy a valuable experience in Kamakura and Enoshima from Tokyo by bus!
Your journey will start at Jomyo-ji Temple, which is ranked fifth among the five great temples of Kamakura. The temple had seven buildings, pagodas, and gardens in old times, but since many buildings were destroyed by fire, now we can only see just its main hall and gardens. At Jomyo-ji Temple, you can enjoy the delicious Matcha green tea before heading to Hokoku-ji Temple.
Hokoku-ji Temple is a small temple located in Eastern Kamakura. The temple was founded in the early years of Muromachi period, and it was the family temple of the ruling Ashikaga Clan, and later it became the family temple of the Uesugi Clan. The temple is famous for its beautiful small bamboo grove found behind the temple's main hall, consisting over 2000 dark green bamboo stalks.
After visiting Hokoku-ji Temple, you will have a Buddhist vegetarian cuisine as your lunch, for 45 minutes before heading to Kotoku-in Temple, where you will see the Great Buddha!
The Great Buddha is the symbol of Kamakura and one of the most famous attractions in Japan. The Great Buddha is the property of the Kotoku-in Buddhist temple of the Jodoshu sect and visitors are often overwhelmed by its majestic appearance. With an additional fee you can access the inside of the statue offering a unique experience and allowing you to see the casting technology of the Kamakura Age.
The tours final stop will take you to Enoshima, where can stroll along taking pictures and trying the local foods. The island offers various attractions such as shrine, park, observation tower and caves. You can also see the Mt. Fuji if the weather is not cloudy!
The schedule for this one-day tour is as follows:
- 07:30- 08:30 Pickup at select Tokyo hotels as below or check-in at:
- 08:20 Ana Intercontinental Tokyo
- 07:40 Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
- 08:10 Conrad Tokyo
- 08:15 Courtyard Marriott Ginza Tobu Hotel
- 09:00 Departure from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Matcha Green Tea Experience at Jomyo-ji Temple (30 min)
Hokoku-ji Temple (20 min)
Lunch Buddhist vegetarian cuisine (45 min)
Kotoku-in Temple and the Great Buddha (30 min)
Enoshima Sightseeing (75 min)
- 17:00 - 18:00 Drop-off at Ginza
- 17:40 - 18:40 Drop-off at Shinjuku
This tour is provided by HIS, and is offered only for the year of 2017
- Lunch may be changed to a Japanese-style set meal, but this will not be used as a reason to cancel the tour
- Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking
- Buddhist vegetarian cuisine is vegetarian food prepared with ingredients such as vegetables, beans, etc.
- Locations indicated on the itinerary may be changed due to traffic and operation hours and the tour will not be cancelled or refunded even in such cases
- The order of the itinerary is subject to change depending on operation circumstances of locations to be visited, road conditions, and weather conditions
- If the number of participants exceeds 15, earphone guides may be used for the guide's explanations.
- A fee of JPY 10,000 may be incurred if an earphone guide is lost or damaged by a participant.
1 - 15 adults and up to 15 children
- Bus fare
- English-speaking guide
- Voyagin service fee
- Other unspecified fee
Select Tokyo hotels or Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Organised by Voyagin
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.