- Discover the hidden charms of outer Kyoto District on a curated guided tour
- Enjoy cherry blossoms in full bloom, local flavors and Japanese style accommodation with a private bath
- Board Sagano Romantic train, the chance to experience the scenic beauty of Hozukyo Ravine
Kyoto based DMO, "Woodland Kyoto" takes you on a two-day tour outside the city and deeper into the nature, traditions, and history of the area.
This specially curated "Beyond Kyoto" tour brings you to Kameoka City in the outer Kyoto district in half an hour of a train ride from Kyoto Station. With your English speaking guide who will meet you at Kameoka Station you will try your hand at traditional indigo scarf making. Afterwards, enjoy a walk among cherry blossoms and have a traditional Japanese lunch. Shopping in local stores follows. In the afternoon check into your accommodation. Spend the evening relaxing until a delicious dinner served at your accommodation restaurant.
The second day takes you on a tour of a local sake brewery and gives you a insight into the culture, traditions and history of the area. Visit a famous Buddhist temple followed by a delicious sushi lunch. The tour concludes with a ride on the scenic Sagano railway train that takes you back to the city of Kyoto, and the Arashiyama area, famed for its bamboo groves.
8:42 Depart JR Kyoto Station on Sagano Line
9:20 Arrive at JR Kameoka Station, meet your guide at South Exit of Sagano Station
Indigo Scarf Making Workshop
Nanatani Sakura Path
12:00 Kyoto Kaiseki style (multi-course) Lunch
16:00 Check into accommodation at Yunohana Onsen
Dinner at accommodation, buffet style at Hinasato
8:00 Breakfast at accommodation
Sake Brewery visit
10:00 Visit to Anaoji, the 21st of 33 temples on the famous Saigoku Kannon Pilgrimage, dedicated to Kannon, a deity with the ability to take 33 different forms
12:00 Japanese sushi lunch
13:30 Board Sagano Romantic train at Torokko Kameoka Station
14:00 Arrive at Arashiyama Station
Included in price
- English speaking guide service on Day 1 and Day 2
- Accommodation at Yunohana Onsen, twin room with private bath
- Dinner on Day 1, breakfast on Day 2
- Lunch on Day 1 and Day 2
- Indigo scarf making workshop on Day 1, Sake Brewery visit on Day 2
- Taxi fare to Kameoka Station on Day 2
- Train fare from Kameoka Station to Sagano Station on Day 2
- Transportation to JR Kameoka Station on Day 1
- Any personal expenses incurred during the tour
Your important information
Organised by Woodland Kyoto
There are no reviews yet.