- Stay at Ginzan Onsen, where the vintage romantic feel of Taisho Roman era lives on
- Discover the scenic mountain-top temple of Yamadera with a specialist tour guide
- Experience the best of the mountainous Zao area, while staying at the Zao Onsen resort
Stay at deluxe Japanese-style "ryokan" hotels in Ginzan and Zao Onsen - the two top recommended sightseeing spots in Yamagata. Yamagata is a fruit kingdom in Japan throughout summer and autumn. Enjoy both "onsen" hot springs and delicious fruit during your visit to Yamagata!
Day 1: Take the "shinkansen" bullet train Tsubasa 133 from Tokyo Station to Oishida Station. Reach Notoya ryokan at Ginzan Onsen by a shuttle bus after arrival. Free time after check in. Enjoy dinner at the ryokan.
Accommodation: "Notoya" ryokan
Recommended sightseeing spots in free time: Take a walk to Shirogane waterfall, Setokoi Bridge, the old silver mine among other places. Get inspired here.
Day 2: Have breakfast at the ryokan. Take the 8:30 AM shuttle bus from Ginzan Onsen to Oishida Station. Next take JR Ou Honsen train bound for Yamagata at 9:53 AM, change to JR Senboku Line bound for Sendai at Uzen-chitose Station and then head for Yamadera Station. English travel guide will wait for you at Yamadera Station when you arrive at 11:10 AM. Sightsee Yamadera with your guide. Take a bus back to Yamagata Station with your guide and continue on to Zao Onsen. The guide service ends at Yamagata Station. Head to your accommodation after arriving at Zao Onsen bus terminal. Free time after checking in. Enjoy dinner at the accommodation.
Meals: Breakfast, dinner
Accommodation: Takamiya ryokan
Recommended activities in free time:
Zao Onsen Tourism Association
Day 3: Have breakfast at the accommodation. It is up to you if you would prefer to stay at Zao until 16:20 or leave there earlier and go to Yamagata Station by bus and sightsee Yamagata city on your own. Be advised that you have to purchase the bus ticket by yourself and leave Zao Onsen bus terminal by 16:20 at the latest. At Yamagata Station board the "shinkansen"bullet train Tsubasa 156 bound for Tokyo a 18:04. The arrival time at Tokyo Station is at 20:48, which marks the end of the tour.
Recommended activities in free time in Zao:
Recommended activities in free time in Yamagata City:
Tour price per person is JPY 82,000.
Tour price per person on all Saturdays and days prior to public holidays is JPY 97,000.
The tour runs between June 15 and October 31, 2019.
Minimum number of persons required for the tour to run is 4.
This tour includes:
- Transportation as follows: Shinkansen tickets from Tokyo Station to Oishida Station and from Yamagata Station to Tokyo Station, train ticket from Yamadera Station to Yamagata Station, bus ticket from Yamagata Station to Zao Onsen bus terminal (one-way)
- Breakfast on Days 2 and 3 and dinner on Days 1 and 2
- Services of the guide in Yamadera on Day 2
This tour does NOT include:
- Transportation as follows: Train ticket from Oishida Station to Yamadera Station on Day 2 (JPY 760) and public bus ticket from Zao bus terminal to Yamagata Station (JPY 1,000)
- Costs of activities and meals in free time
- Travel insurance
- Costs of drinks during meals
Know before you book:
7 days prior to the day of your trip – 40 %,
1 day prior – 50 %,
On the day – 100 %,
No-show – 100 %
- Travel guide will accompany you from Yamadera Station to Yamagata Station bus terminal after sightseeing in Yamadera on Day 2. Deciding on other travel itineraries is up to yourself.
- You need to take the JR train from Oishida Station to Yamadera Station on your own. Connection is needed at Uzen-chitose Station.
Other important information:
- If your preferred date of travel is not available, we will offer the next available date
The starting point of the tour is Tokyo Station.
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.