- Explore the picturesque old towns of Shirakawa-go and Takayama at your own pace
- Meet your friendly tour guide in Hida City and explore locations that remind you of the Anime movies
- Get crafty and creative and design your own accessory or souvenir
The city of Hida is one of the inspirations for the rural setting of the 2016 hit animation movie. See the similarities for yourself by following this anime-inspired pilgrimage through some of these alternative sightseeing spots! Discover the beauty of the Hida Region along the way, and take in the landscapes, cultures and traditions of Japan.
- Take the highway bus from Kanazawa to get to Shirakawa-go village
- Take a stroll through the Shirakawa Kaido street, go up to the Tenshukaku Observatory and visit the Wada house
- Take the highway bus to Takayama
- Check-in at the hotel and have dinner in the Old Town district
Move to Hida City (AM)
- Take the train to Hida City
- Meet your tour guide at Hida-Furukawa Station
Hida City (PM)
- Explore the highlights of Hida City and find some Anime-related locations
- Weave your own “Kumihimo” bracelet
Included in price
- Bus tickets from Kanazawa to Shirakawa-go
- Bus tickets from Shirakawa-go to Takayama
- One night In Takayama in a three-star hotel, double room with breakfast
- English speaking guide on Day 2
- Reservation for "Kumihimo" experience
- Transportation to Kanazawa
- JR Train ticket from Takayama to Hida
- Costs for "Kumihimo" experience
- Taxi ride fee or train fee to "Ochiai bus stop"
- Transportation from Hida back to Tokyo/Osaka/Nagoya
- Meals other than breakfast
Minimum number of persons required for the tour to run is 2.
Maximum number of persons per tour is 6.
Know before you book
- Cancellation : Up to 7 days prior to the day of your trip – no charge,
7 - 5 days prior – 50 %,
4 -3 days prior – 80%
2 days, day prior, on the day, no-show – 100 %
What you need to bring
- Nothing particular
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.