- Visit local producers at a lotus root farm, sake brewery, soy sauce maker, have tastings and learn about each production first hand
- Join a cooking class using fresh, local produce
- Connect with local people, learn about the daily life in rural areas
Curious about food, local produce and life in Japan's countryside? Head to Ibaraki, situated some 100 km northeast of Tokyo for a 2-day food tour. Arrive at Tsuchiura Station, get transferred by organized transport to a local lotus root ("renkon" in Japanese) tour farm. The area around Tsuchiura is number 1 in lotus root production in Japan,and well known for this produce. Head back to Tsuchiura afterwards for lunch. Enjoy a multi-course meal at a traditional Japanese restaurant. Join two more tours in the afternoon. Visit a sake brewery with over 100 years of tradition. and taste some excellent sake as well. In the evening head to your accommodation and get ready for day 2 of exploring rural Japan. The next day brings you more food-related delights, such as a cooking class and more. Join our 2-day Ibaraki tour and treat yourself to some amazing discoveries.
Itinerary - Tour available on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays
- Arrive at Tsuchiura station around 09:00, pick up by van
- Drive south, visit Renkon Sankyodai lotus root farm (fields, tasting)
- Drive back to the Tsuchiura area, lunch at Touemon or Shimizuya
- Drive to Tsukinoi Shuzo sake brewery - visit the brewery, have sake tasting
- Visit Kurosawa Shoten soy sauce maker (storehouse, tasting, shop)
- Drive to accommodation (Oarai Hotel or similar)
- Leave accommodation at around 09:00
- Drive to Kiuchi Shuzo sake brewery, taste sake or beer (3 beers tasting: 900 yen per person; Sake tasting: 900 yen per person), shop for items
*Pay on the spot for beer/sake tasting
- Visit Kura and Soba Nakaya for lunch
- Shop for needed ingredients at a local supermarket with your cooking class instructor
- Cooking class at Manma Studio or Kasumi Kitchen
- Return to Tsuchiura Station
- Train back to Tokyo
Included in price
- Guide service
- Renkon Sankyoudai farm (lotus root farm) visit
- Lunch on Day 1 and Day 2
- Accommodation on Day 1
- Transportation during tour
- Souvenir at each optional activity (Tsukinoi Shuzo sake brewery: sake or one of their products, and Kurosawa Shoten Shoyu soy sauce maker: dessert and souvenir)
- Original recipes using lotus root
- Transportation to/from starting/ending point of the tour
- Any personal expenses
- Beer, sake tasting at Kiuchi Shuzo sake brewery (Day 2)
Tour is available on the following days:
Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Let us know your preferred tour date via the live chat option or email <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Have a look at the profiles of chefs whose original recipes you receive upon booking.
Other Important Information:
- Participation applications are subject to national agreements.
- Tour content may be changed to the same quality content depending on the season or suppliers’ circumstances.
Know before you book:
- 6 to 4 days prior to the day of your trip – 50 %,
- 3 days prior – 100 %,
- On the day, No-show – 100 %
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.