- Secure your pre-ordered Ghibli Museum tickets with Japan Travel
- Encounter your favorite Ghibli characters in the Museum
- Shop for exclusive Ghibli goods in the Museum shop
Step inside one of the top museum destinations in Tokyo and beyond - Studio Ghibli Museum, and immerse yourself in the magical world of Hayao Miyazaki's famed stories and characters. Explore the Museum, purchase exclusive Ghibli merchandise in the Museum shop, and relax in the Museum cafe after your visit.
The Ghibli Museum, located in western Tokyo, is a must-see place for Hayao Miyazaki fans as well as everyone looking to take a glimpse into his animated world of fantasy. The Museum tickets are rather difficult to obtain as they are not readily available at Museum doors.
Japan Travel offers you the opportunity to pre-order your Ghibli Museum tickets and tick off this extremely popular museum off of your visit-in-Japan list.
Studio Ghibli Museum general information:
Hours of Operation: 10.00 - 18.00
The Museum is closed every Tuesday, except on the following Tuesdays:
2018: August 14, December 25
2019: March 26
The Museum is also closed for Year-end and for New Year's Holidays and periodic maintenance:
Periodic Maintenance: November 5, 2018 - November 16, 2018
Year-end and New Year Holidays: December 28, 2018 - January 2, 2019
Pre-ordering your tickets:
The booking cut-off date for every month is the 9th of the previous month, meaning that e.g. if you are planning your visit for January, you need to place your ticket pre-order by December 9th at the latest.
Booking your tickets:
As per the Studio Ghibli Museum regulations, tickets need to show full name of the ticket holder (as in passport). Both physical tickets and the passport need to be presented to the staff at the Museum entrance.
Admission times for the Museum are as follows:
- Admission time for 10 AM tickets is 10:00-10:30
- Admission time for 12 PM tickets is 12:00-12:30
- Admission time for 2 PM tickets is 14:00-14:30
- Admission time for 4 PM tickets is 16:00-16:30
At the time of your booking, make sure you provide us with the following:
- Full name (as shown in passport)
- Contact telephone number
Once you have placed your booking, we will ask for the following:
- Preferred admission time (see above for details)
- Alternative dates and times for your visit (2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice)
- If your tickets are to be delivered to a hotel, please provide:
- Hotel name
- Full name used for your hotel registration
- Check-in date
This service includes:
- Ticket price
- Delivery to a hotel in Japan (if applicable)
Other important information:
- Tickets can be used for both adults and children
- Children aged 3 or under enter the Museum for free
- This is not a guided tour
- You can stay in the Museum until 18.00
- You can collect your tickets at Japan Travel KK Tokyo office. Office hours are Monday to Friday, from 09.30 - 18.30. The address is: Seika Bldg. 5F, 3-5-17 Kojimachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0083
Google map can be found here.