- Secure your tickets before you even arrive
- No fuss about train times, we'll advise you as to the timing of your route
- Save time on the day of travel, no queuing to buy and have your tickets delivered to your hotel in Japan in advance!
Make your journey in Japan easier by getting your Shinkansen tickets between Tokyo and Kyoto, and have them mailed to your hotel before you even arrive! Smooth and easy way of buying your bullet train tickets!
Japan's Shinkansen bullet train rail network is famous around the world for its punctuality, comfort, efficiency, safety and speed.
With top speeds around 320 km/h, Japan Rail's bullet train, or Shinkansen, is an experience in its own right, as well as a great way to travel.
Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima... Wherever you're going, let Voyagin help you get there in style! If your preferred journey destination is not listed, please contact us before booking, so we can add the journey you want to the booking options.
This is the fastest and most comfortable way of traveling between Tokyo and Kyoto. Be sure to book the tickets in advance and secure a pleasant trip through Japan's countryside. In good weather days you will even be able to see the iconic Mt Fuji along the way!
For a round-trip (return) journey please choose the matching Return Ticket add-on in the shopping cart after adding your outbound ticket, then include a message on the checkout page to request your preferred date and time of travel.
- You will be guaranteed seats on the bullet train. You will have reserved seats in the reserved-seat cars of the particular train that departs at your requested date and time (indicated on your train ticket that will be translated into English and provided after we confirm your booking). If you miss the train, you will not be able to use your tickets for the same type of train at a later time and date.You might be able to exchange them for an earlier train depending on the availability of reserved seats on the train.
Green Car Seats (First Class Seats)
- You will be guaranteed seats on the bullet train. You will have reserved seats in the Green Car of the particular train that departs at your requested date and time (indicated on your train ticket that will be translated into English and provided after we confirm your booking). If you miss the train, you will not be able to use your tickets for the same type of train at a later time and date.You might be able to exchange them for an earlier train depending on the availability of reserved seats on the train. During peak travel seasons in Japan, reserved seats are sold out very quickly and travellers including the locals themselves have to book Green Car seats to secure a train ride in the fastest train.
Why are some shinkansen tickets issued as 2 pieces?
- If you receive 2 tickets for one direction, one acts as a basic fare ticket and the other a super (limited) express train ticket.
If you receive 1 ticket for one direction, it means that the basic fare ticket and the super (limited) express train ticket were issued as 1 ticket.
A basic fare ticket is necessary for all train travel.
For traveling on a Shinkansen (bullet train), you need to purchase a super (limited) express train ticket in addition to a basic fare ticket. (When you will use a designated seat, a super (limited) express designated seat ticket is required. When you will use a non-designated seat, a super (limited) express non-designated seat ticket is required.)
To travel in a Green Car (first class) of a Shinkansen, you will need a super (limited) express ticket and a Green Car designated seat ticket in addition to a basic fare ticket.
To travel in GranClass of a Shinkansen, a super (limited) express ticket and a Green Car designated seat ticket (GranClass) are required in addition to a basic fare ticket.
Adults and children are classified as follows -
- Adult - 12 or older
- Child - 6 through 11
- Infant - 1 through 5
- Baby - below 1
Fares and Charges for Children
- Children's basic fare, super (limited) express, express and designated seat tickets are 50 % of the adult price.
- Green Car tickets and some supplemental tickets are the same as the adult price.
Fares and Charges for Infants and Babies
Infants and babies travel for free, except that they need child's tickets in the following cases.
- When three or more infants accompany one adult or a child (tickets are required for the third and any additional infants).
- When an infant or baby occupies his or her own reserved seat, Green Car seat or berth, etc.
- When an infant travels alone.
※ Important Ticket Delivery & Pickup Information - Please Read Carefully ※
1. Ticket Pickup
If you are not staying at a hotel; book within 3 days of the ticket date; or do not select the ticket delivery add-on, and please collect your tickets from our Tokyo office in Shibuya. Our office is located 6 minutes (on foot) from Shibuya station.
(English) Miyamasu ON Building 5th floor, 1-15-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
(Japanese) 〒150-0002 東京都渋谷区渋谷 1-15-8 宮益 ON ビル 5F
Detailed Directions (Shibuya station to Voyagin): http://voyag.in/shibuya-station-to-voyagin-office
Google Map (Shibuya station to Voyagin): http://voyag.in/voyagin-google-map
2. Ticket Delivery Add-on
Ticket delivery is available as an optional add-on, please select on the booking form for 400 yen. We will deliver the tickets to your hotel, and the tickets will be available for pickup from your hotel concierge when you check-in. If you would like us to deliver the tickets to your hotel, please provide us with the following information:
- Hotel name
- The full name used for your reservation
- Check-in date
- We need at least 3 business days for delivery. If placing a last minute booking within 3 days of your visit, or if we don't get your hotel information soon enough, you'll need to collect your tickets from our Tokyo office unless you book the optional "Same Day Delivery Service to Tokyo Hotels" service (described below).
- If you are not staying at a hotel, you are required to pickup the tickets from our office.
3. Same Day Delivery Service to Tokyo Hotels Add-on
We offer same day ticket delivery to central Tokyo hotels if the booking is placed before 17:00 JST. The same day delivery service is only available to hotels with a concierge. The tickets will be delivered to your hotel within 3 hours of us accepting your order; please note that this does not mean the tickets are delivered within 3 hours of you placing your order.
If you are interested in the same day delivery service, please also book the "Same Day Delivery Service to Tokyo Hotels" option with your tickets.
For more train routes, please check here:
- Tokyo and Osaka - http://voyag.in/shinkansen-tokyo-osaka
- Tokyo and Nagano -http://voyag.in/tokyonagano
- Tokyo and Kyoto - http://voyag.in/tokyotokyoto
- Tokyo and Hiroshima - http://voyag.in/tokyohiroshima
- Tokyo and Odawara - http://voyag.in/tokyoodawara
- Tokyo and Kanazawa - http://voyag.in/tokyokanazawa
- Tokyo and Hakata - http://voyag.in/tokyohakata
- Tokyo and Sendai - http://voyag.in/tokyosendai
- Tokyo and Nagoya -http://voyag.in/tokyonagoya
- Kyoto and Odawara - http://voyag.in/kyotoodawara
For more information about bullet train tickets, please check our bullet train page:
If you request a smoking seat, please let us know in advance.
Otherwise we will arrange a non-smoking seat.
For routes departing or arriving in Tokyo, your ticket will allow you to board and alight at any of the Tokyo bullet train station (Shingawa and Tokyo). The price of the ticket is the same regardless of which station depart or arrive at.
For hotel delivery, please provide us with the following information:
- Hotel name
- The full name used for your reservation
- Check-in date
- We need at least 3 business days for delivery. If placing a last minute booking within 3 days of your visit, please pickup your tickets at our Tokyo office in Shibuya.
- If you are staying at a hostel or private residence, we request ticket pickup from our Tokyo office.
What you need to bring
- Your physical bullet train tickets, as instructed by the Voyagin Team on your message dashboard: www.govoyagin.com/guest/messages
Tokyo or Kyoto JR station