- Reserve your tickets conveniently over our website before they sell out!
- Enjoy the intense sumo matches and the high energy of the audience
- Enter and leave the sumo tournament anytime on your ticket date
Get tickets to the famous sumo wrestling tournament in Osaka! The national sumo tournament is held only 6 times a year and tickets sell out quickly, so be sure to book your tickets in advance!
Sumo is a traditional sport founded in Japan more than 1,500 years ago. The wrestlers fight with only their bare hands, demonstrating true human strength and the fairness of the sport. These dramatic matches have been captivating fans for centuries and are also gaining a lot of attention worldwide.
In this experience, we are making it possible to purchase tickets for the sumo matches at the Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium in Osaka. The tickets usually run out very quickly, so don’t forget to make your reservations in advance!
The tickets will be a one-day pass, so in-and-outs are okay and you can arrive and leave at any time you desire. Please keep in mind the tickets do not include food or drinks.
The sumo matches are divided into three sections. The lower division matches start from 8:30 (from 10:00 on days 13-15), second division (Juryo) matches from 15:00 and top division (Makuuchi) matches from 16:00. Ring entering ceremonies between divisions are also interesting to watch, and the highest ranked wrestlers have their matches right before 18:00. On the last day of each tournament, the schedule is shifted forward by 30 minutes to accommodate the victory ceremony at the end.
The stadium atmosphere improves with the arrival of more spectators as it gets later in the day when the most spectacular matches happen. Intervals between bouts also lengthen as they include longer preparation times and more pre-match action between the high-ranked wrestlers. We recommend spectators with limited time to be present at the stadium at least for the top division action between 15:30 and 18:00. We also recommend you to enter the stadium after lunch if you have plenty times to watch both the second division and top division matches.
If you book add-on option "Professional Guide", a bilingual professional guide will accompany you and will answer any kinds of sumo questions that you have! We guarantee you that this activity will drag you into the world of sumo and make you interested in watching more matches!
※ 2018 Schedule ※
- March 11th - March 25th, 2018
- Osaka (Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium)
※ Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium Seat Information ※
(You can check the seat map here: http://voyag.in/sumo-osaka-seat-map)
- Masu A seats are located on the main and opposite sides of the ring, and the seats are rows 1-8. They are 20 meters (65 feet) from the ring. Masu is a 1.69m² tatami - a traditional Japanese style mat with four zafuton (floor cushions) to sit on. Masu A seats can be bought for 1, 2, and 4 people, and your group will be together on the tatami mat.
- Masu B seats are behind Masu A seats, and the seats are rows 9-12. The seats are 25 meters (82 feet) from the ring. Masu is a 1.69m² tatami - a traditional Japanese style mat with four zabuton (floor cushions) to sit on. Masu seats can be bought for 4 people only, and your group will be together on the tatami mat.
- Masu C seats are behind Masu B seats, and the seats are rows 13-14. The seats are 33 meters (108 feet) from the ring. Masu is a 1.69m² tatami - a traditional Japanese style mat with four zabuton (floor cushions) to sit on. Masu seats can be bought for 4 people only, and your group will be together on the tatami mat.
- Chair SS seats are located on the second floor on the East and West sides of the stadium. They are located behind Masu A seats. They are a little further from the sumo ring than Masu A seats, but if you are not comfortable sitting on the ground for long, these are the best seats. The 'chair seats' all have zabuton (cushions).
- Chair S seats are located on the second floor on the East and West sides of the stadium. They are located behind Chair SS seats.
- Chair A seats are located on the second floor on the east and west sides of the arena, behind Chair S seats.
- Chair B seats are located on the second floor on the front and opposite sides of the stadium. They are located behind Masu C seats.
- Chair C seats are located on the second floor on the Front and Opposite sides of the stadium. And it's located behind Chair B seats.
- Chair D seats are located on the second floor on the east and west sides of the arena, next to the Chair S seats.
***Note: Any child over 4 years of age will require a ticket to enter.
※ Stadium Directions ※
- Venue: Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium a.k.a. Edion Arena Osaka
The closest train station is Namba station on the Midosuji subway line. The gymnasium is about a 7 minute walk from the station.
※ Important Ticket Delivery & Pickup Information - Please Read Carefully ※
1. Ticket Delivery
We will deliver your tickets to your hotel in advance for your concierge to hold for you. The tickets will be available upon check-in. If you would like us to deliver the tickets to your hotel, please provide us with the following information:
- Hotel name
- The full name used for your reservation
- Check-in date
- We require at least 3 full business days for delivery. If placing a last minute booking within 3 days of your visit, or if you do not provide us your hotel information at least 3 full business days prior your ticket date, you'll need to collect your tickets from our Tokyo office in Shibuya.
- If your hotel reservation details change, please tell us immediately through the Voyagin dashboard.
- We only deliver to hotels with a concierge with whom we can confirm the receipt of the ticket delivery. We do not deliver tickets to hostels, guesthouses, or private residences. Please let us know if you are not staying at a hotel so we can provide our office details for you to pickup the tickets.
2. Ticket Pickup:
If you are not staying at a hotel, book within 3 days of the ticket date, or prefer to pickup your tickets, you can collect your tickets from our Tokyo office in Shibuya. Our office is located 6 minutes (on foot) from Shibuya station.
(English) Miyamasu ON Building 5th floor, 1-15-8 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo
(Japanese) 〒150-0002 東京都渋谷区渋谷 1-15-8 宮益 ON ビル 5F
All official tickets are sold out, but third party tickets are available. Please be aware our service fee comprises the main part of the amount you pay, due to the extremely high demand for Grand Tournament tickets.
Note that we will not be able to offer third party tickets once the tournament starts as tickets will be selling out and there will not be enough time to receive and/or deliver the tickets to you.
We cannot always 100% guarantee tickets. After confirming your booking, we will acquire them for you as soon as possible, but please be aware there's always a slight chance for them to sell out in the meantime. If tickets are not available for your requested date we may supply the nearest available date with your consent. In the event we cannot acquire tickets, we will reimburse you the full cost.
What you need to bring
- Your physical or e-ticket, as instructed by the Voyagin Team on your message dashboard: www.govoyagin.com/guest/messages
The meeting point is at EDION Arena Osaka (Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium), Osaka.