- Get special discounts on admission to Hakone's major sightseeing spots and attractions!
- Enjoy free rides on the Hakone Ropeway, sightseeing cruise, cable cars, buses, and local trains in the Hakone area
- Valid for 2 consecutive days from the first use of the ticket
Hakone is one of the most notable hot spring (onsen) areas in Japan. Hakone Freepass allows you to free access to Hakone's major sightseeing spots and unlimited rides on the local trains, cable cars, buses, sightseeing cruise, and ropeway as well!
Visit and explore Hakone, one of the most famous hot spring (onsen) areas in Japan!
Hakone is famous for its rejuvenating hot springs, beautiful nature and sightseeing spots – and with such easy access from Tokyo, is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike!
Hakone Freepass grants special discounts for the admissions to over 50 of Hakone's sightseeing spots and attractions, and unlimited rides on these transports:
- Hakone Tozan Train
- Hakone Tozan Cable Car
- Hakone Ropeway
- Hakone Sightseeing Cruise
- Hakone Tozan Bus
- Odakyu Hakone Highway Bus
- Numazu Tozan Tokai Bus
- Hakone Tozan Bus, Kanko Shisetsu-Meguri
Enjoy special discounts at the hot springs and spas of Hakone, museums, historical places, botanical gardens and parks, and many restaurants and shops in Hakone.
Cruise along Lake Ashi on the pirate cruise ship, and enjoy the magnificent view of Mt. Fuji from up close! Visit Hakone's shrines and enjoy the mystical atmosphere there, and visit Owakudani, a beautiful spot formed by an ancient volcanic eruption!
Attractions giving discounts for Hakone Freepass holders include:
◆ Hot Springs and Spas
Hakone Kowaki-en Yunessus / Mori No Yu
Odakyu Hakone Lake Hotel: Yubo - Mayu No Mori
Kamaboko (steamed fishpaste) Museum of Suzuhiro Corp.
Honma Yosegi Museum
Kanagawa Prefectural Museum of Natural History
Hakone Kitahara Toys Wonderland
Hakone Local Museum
The Hakone Open Air Museum
Hakone Museum of Art
Hakone Glass Forest Venetian Glass Museum
Museum of Saint-Exupéry and The Little Prince in Hakone
Hakone Mononofu-no-Sato Art Museum
Pola Museum of Art
Lalique Museum, Hakone
Narukawa Art Museum
Hakone Ekiden Museum
Nakagawa Kazumasa Art Museum
Okada Museum of Art
◆ Places of Historic Interest
Odawara Castle Donjon, Odawara Castle History Museum
Hakone-jinja Shrine and Treasure Museum
Hakone Sekisho checkpoint and Hakone Sekisho Museum
Mishima-taisha Treasure Museum
◆ Botanical Gardens and Parks
Hakone Gora Park (show Freepass for free admission)
Hakone Botanical Garden of Wetlands
Chichibunomiya Memorial Park
◆ Amusement and Sports Facilities
Hakone Gora Park Craft House (Handicrafts Studio)
Hakone-en Golf Course Golf Driving Range
Hakone Kuzuryu-no-mori Park
Hakone Pottery Studio
Hakone Sengokuhara Prince Hotel Tennis Courts
Forest Adventure Hakone
◆ Restaurants and Shops
Togendai View Restaurant
Owakudani Sky Restaurant
Ashinoko-chaya Tea House
Odakyu Hotel de Yama (lunch)
Odakyu Hakone Highland Hotel (shop)
Odakyu Hotel Hatsuhana (shop)
Gotemba Premium Outlets®
Otome Pass Fujimi-chaya Tea House
Hakone-no-Ichi (at Hakone-Yumoto Station)
Hakone Tozan Souvenirs Yumoto Station shop (seafood market)
Hakone Tozan Souvenirs Gora shop (Four Seasons)
Cafe. St. Moritz Gora
Gora Station Shop
Hakone Sightseeing Ship Special Cabin (Discount on special cabin surcharge [one way])
(No unlimited boarding. Discount fares available.)
Hakone Baggage Service (luggage delivery service)
Use your e-ticket to collect the Hakone Freepass at one of the listed pick-up points.
- For safety reasons, you might not be able to ride certain transports in the event of severe weather.
- Only one round-trip between Shinjuku Station and Odawara Station is allowed on the Odakyu Line.
- You can get special discounts at the entrance of many facilities in Hakone by showing your pass.
- You cannot ride buses, boats, and sightseeing buses other than those mentioned.
- You will be charged an extra fare if you board other buses or trains than those mentioned.
- In addition to the Freepass, a limited express surcharge is required to ride the Odakyu Romancecar.
What you need to bring:
Take your e-ticket to one of the listed counters to pick up the Hakone Freepass.
Pick up your tickets at:
- His counter at Narita Airport Terminal 1 Arrival Area: open 08:30 - 22:00
- His counter at Narita Airport Terminal 2 Arrival Area: open 08:30 - 22:00
- His counter at Haneda Arrival Area: open 08:30 - 22:00
- His counter at Harajuku Ash Building 1F: open 10:00 - 17:00