Rent an RV – Enjoy a Fantastic Experience in Japan!

Discover wonders of Japan while traveling freely and conveniently in a campervan

Sanin, Yokohama, Tottori, Aomori, Hokkaido, Okinawa, Fukushima, Okayama, Shiga, Chiba, Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo


  • Rent a campervan to discover the hidden treasures in Japan. Let our motorhomes provide you an unforgettable experience!
  • You do not need a special license to drive an RV, just make sure your driver's license can be used in Japan.
  • Japan C.R.C is the biggest RV rental company in Japan. We will provide you the best service and the best experience.


Japan C.R.C is the largest RV rental company in Japan. From Hokkaido to Okinawa, we have branches in many parts of the country.
We have the most professional staff so no need to worry about anything even if this is your first time to rent an RV.
Select the vehicle type and the accessories you wish to rent according to your needs. We have a variety of options for you to choose from.
Pets are welcome. Enjoy a delightful and comfortable camp-in-car with your family and friends.


Click on "More photos" to find more details about rental information 

What's a better way to do a road trip than in a campervan?

RV travel allows you the freedom of customizing your road trip to your family’s needs and interests. You can live by the beach, mountains, desert, and anywhere else. You can stop wherever you’d like, you can leave whenever you are ready. There’s no rush, no stress, no need to worry about luggage. You can stretch out, kick off your shoes, brew coffee, make lunch, take a nap…Enjoy your relaxing time while heading to your destination.
Our RV campervans (Class C RV / Motorhome) are built by high-performance heat and sound insulation materials. You can spend the night in a very warm and peaceful space during your trip.
There is enough space for your baggage and camping equipment, extremely fit for long-term travel.
Van campers (Class B RV / Motorhome) drive more like the family car, easy to drive and easy to park, but offer the comforts and conveniences of home on the road.
A special license to drive an RV is not required. You can enjoy your trip with only a basic valid driver's license.

Start enjoying your stress-free road trip in no time at all! Happy travels!

Important information

Included in price

  • Rental vehicle and optional add-ons if selected

Not included

  • Gasoline fee
  • Toll fees

Driving a campervan in Japan

To rent a camper van in Japan, you are required to have an international driver's license issued by the country which is a member of the Geneva Convention.
Alternatively, if you have a license issued by one of the following countries: Switzerland, Germany, France, Taiwan, Belgium, Slovenia, or Monaco, you are required to carry your driver's license and the official Japanese translation of the license.

For more information refer to Japan Automobile Federation (JAF) page. 

1. Rates
*Rental prices depend on the season.

  • High-end Class C RV:25,920 yen~71,442 yen  Max number of passengers:7
  • Standard Class C RV:20,520 yen~61,236 yen  Max number of passengers:6
  • High-end Class B RV:22,680 yen~62,694 yen  Max number of passengers:6
  • Standard Class B RV:18,360 yen~55,404 yen  Max number of passengers:6

High season dates

  • 2019/7/12~2019/8/8、2019/8/19~2019/9/1
  • 2019/12/20~2019/12/26、2020/1/4~2020/1/5

Premium season dates
*It is necessary to rent a vehicle for the period of at least 3 days (72 hours) during the premium season.

  • 2019/8/9~2019/8/18
  • 2019/9/13~2019/11/3
  • 2019/12/27~2020/1/3

2. About filling out the Inquiry Form

Please fill in the "Additional Information" blank with the information below (Mandatory fields) 

  • Rental Location (e.g. Shinagawa Sta. /Narita International Airport/Osaka Sales Office etc.)
    For more details, please refer to "The specific rental location"
  • Number of passengers (How many adults ? How many children under 12? How many children under 6?)
  • Vehicle model (Standard campervan/High-end campervan/Standard RV campervan/High-end RV campervan).
    For more details, please refer to "Rates"
  • Options (e.g. Sleeping bag/Kitchen set/Baby car seat etc.)
  • Did you get an International Driver's License and where did you get it ?
  • You nationality and your travel destination

3. Frequently Asked Questions

1. What documents do I need to bring?
Case 1: Passport + International Driving Permit
(obtained in a country signatory to the Geneva Convention)

Case 2: Passport + Foreign Driver’s License
(issued in Taiwan, Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Monaco, Estonia) + Official Japanese Translation

2. Do I need a special driver’s license to drive an RV?
No. A special license to drive an RV is not required. You can enjoy your trip with only a basic valid driver's license. Just make sure your driver's license can be used in Japan.

3. How do I pay for the rental?
You can pay by credit card or bank transfer when making the reservation. We accept all major credit cards (VISA, Master, American Express, JCB, Alipay, Bitcoin).

4. Besides the rental cost are there any other charges I will incur?
We require 100,000 yen as a security deposit by credit card before you pick up your RV. Once you return the RV, we will refund your deposit in full within two weeks, unless there are additional unplanned charges – such as fuel replacement, vehicle damage or late return.
Compensation Insurance
We require 2,000 yen per day as an accident compensation Insurance. So the upper limit of RV repair expense that customer has to pay is 108,000 yen in the event of an accident.
NOC (Non-Operation Charge) will be charged separately.
NOC (Non-Operation Charge)
If the RV requires repair or cleaning due to a traffic accident, theft, break down, defacement, or other causes not attributable to Japan C.R.C, the customer may be charged a NOC as part of the compensation for loss of use during the repair or cleaning of the RV.

NOC amount for vehicle is fixed as below regardless of the degree of the damage :

・Customer drove RV to return location (RV condition allows for driving):100,000 yen
・RV was not returned to return location(RV condition does not allow for driving):150,000 yen  

NOC amount for Equipment :

・If the equipment could not be repaired:The full amount of the purchase price of substitute item                                                 
・If the equipment can repair or refurbish:Time to Repair (Days)×Rental fee per day of the item × 50%                                                 

5. Can I make a change to a reservation?
Yes, but since there are other customers using the RV, please contact our staff as early as possible if you need to change your reservation.
Changes of reservation from the second time, additional charges will be applied (3,240 yen each time).

6. Can I extend the rental duration?
Yes, but it is may not meet your needs and expectations during a peak season.

7. What if I am late in returning the RV?
Please contact our staff as early as possible when you are going to be late. We may charge you an extra expense depends on the situation.

8.Can you pick me up/drop me off at the airport?
Basically yes. Depends on which airport you would use, we offer free shuttle service, RV allocation service or pay delivery.

9. What happens if the RV I reserved is unavailable?
We will provide you another RV or refund you in full.

10. Are there one-way rentals?
Only between Tokyo and Narita. We do not provide one-way rentals in the other area.

11. Do you have baby/child car seats available?
Yes. According to Japanese law, any child under the age of 6 needs to be in a car seat when riding in a car. You can rent it for 540 yen per day.

12. Are pets allowed in the RV?
Yes. Pets are welcomed, but the rental fee will be increased by 20%.

13. Do you provide multilingual GPS?
Yes. But only in Tokyo and New Chitose right now.

14. Can I rent WIFI?
Yes. But only in Tokyo and Osaka right now. You can rent it for 1,620 yen per day.

15. Can I rent an ETC card?
Yes. But only in Tokyo, Narita and New Chitose right now. You can rent it for 324 yen per day.

16. Can I add options after reservation is confirmed?
Yes. Because of limited stock, please contact our staff as early as possible.

17. Is smoking allowed in the RV?
No. All RVs are non-smoking.

18.Are there restrictions on mileage?
No. Enjoy your trip!

19. Can I return the camper van at a place different from the place of rent?
It is available places under the same sales office. Between different sales offices it is available only in Tokyo area (Ebisu, Shinagawa, Futako-Tamagawa, Ryogoku, Narita Intl. Airport).
*You can not return the camper to different place between different sales offices.

20. Where is the place of rent and return?

Tokyo C.R.C.
Shinagawa Sta.
Ebisu Sta.  
Futako Tamagawa Sta.
(pay delivery)
Ryogoku Office
Ochanomizu Office
Ichikawa Office

Narita C.R.C.
Narita Sales Office 
Narita International Airport
(free shuttle service)

Yokohama C.R.C.
Yokohama Sales Office

Osaka C.R.C.
Namba Sta.
Tennoji Sta. 
Nankoguchi Sta.
Nanko Ferry terminal
Kansai International Airport
(pay delivery)

Kyoto C.R.C.
Kyoto Sales Office

Okinawa C.R.C.
Naha Sales Office


New Chitose C.R.C.
New Chitose Sales Office
New Chitose Airport
(free shuttle service)

Hokkaido Asahikawa C.R.C.
Asahikawa Sales Office
Asahikawa Airport

Aomori C.R.C.
Aomori Sales Office
Aomori Hachinohe Sta.
(free shuttle service)

Fukushima C.R.C
Koriyama Sales Office
Koriyama Sta.
(free shuttle service)

Shiga C.R.C
Shiga Sales Office

Okayama C.R.C.
Okayama Sales Office 
Okayama Sta.
(pay delivery)

Sanin C.R.C.
Sanin Sales Office 
Yonago Airport  
Yonago Sta.
Tottori Airport
(pay delivery) 
Izumo Airport
(pay delivery)

Organised by JAPAN C.R.C.

0 Reviews

4-6 of 12 Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Rent an RV – Enjoy a Fantastic Experience in Japan!”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *