- Shochu producing season is limited! Join the distillery tour virtually when the craftsmen are working
- Learn and see first-hand how sweet potato shochu, the so-called imo shochu or Satsuma shochu is produced
- How can you drink and enjoy shochu at home? The specialist will give you some insider tips!
Shochu is the most famous spirit in Kagoshima. The one made from sweet potato is particularly popular. It uses only from natural ingredients with expert craftsmanship. The key is fermentation and quality of the ingredients. Find out about the process of distillation and what it entails. Learn from the experts not only about the production but also what it takes to fix a perfect drink of shochu at home.
Let’s visit virtually a local traditional Kagoshima distillery. Discover the secrets of Kagoshima shochu on November 14, from 4 pm JST (Japan Standard Time).
Our virtual tour will be walking you through a Shochu distillery together with our host Maya Aley. Maya, an American Shochu Specialist living in Kagoshima for 9 years, will guide you through the Shochu distillery and show the shochu making process live during the live experience. Maya is the only native English speaker to complete the Kagoshima Prefecture Shochu Maker’s Guild “Shochu Meister” Program through Kagoshima University and is certified in shochu by both the SSI in Japan and the SSA in the US. She also works at a shochu bar in downtown Kagoshima.
Beside Maya, Yoshie, who is also a Shochu Meister, will be joining the tour as the moderator. Feel free to ask questions throughout the session and our dedicated team will be there to answer them.
At the end of the tour, you will learn how to enjoy shochu at home, as recommended by the shochu experts!
Prepare your preferred beverage and let us introduce you to the world of the famous Kagoshima spirit - shochu!
Included in price
- English-speaking guide (virtual tour only, virtual tour with shochu set)
- Shochu set: Daiyame 900 ml, soda 450 ml (Japan and Hong Kong only)
- Shochu set: Delivery charge
- Real tour
- Telecom charge which occurs at your end
Know before you book
- Cancellation policy: The tour fee is non-refundable.
- With the tour booked, you can join with your family and friends using your device (one device only).
- If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by e-mail before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
- Please download Zoom in advance and make sure you have stable internet connection environment before the tour
- If any system problem occurs on our side, we will refund 1,500 yen.
- The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
This is an online experience. Once you place your booking, the organizer will send you the Zoom link for accessing the tour.
Organised by TABITTO
There are no reviews yet.