- The best approach to discover Kyoto from home.
- Introduction to the way of life of the famous Japanese artists called "Geishas"
- Immersive experience that will enlighten you about their daily, traditional, and mysterious life.
The best approach to discover Kyoto online from home. We will introduce to you the way of life of the famous Japanese artists called “Geishas”. Discover how their life unfolds from a young age entertaining as an apprentice "Maiko" to the full-fledged "Geiko" in Kyoto dialect.
We will show you a combination of videos and photos explaining 5 active "Hanamachi” the so-called "Geishas district" in Kyoto. Our immersive experience will enlighten you about their daily, traditional, and mysterious life.
How do you become a Geisha, who are their customers, and what happens in a traditional tea house?
Our expertise in bringing many travelers to enjoy their arts will help you to understand what is hidden behind this mesmerizing tradition.
In the end, let's enjoy a fun question game together! The game will help you to recognize them once you see Maiko and Geisha in the preserved streets of Kyoto.
Sit comfortably, log onto ZOOM, and enjoy this interactive walking tour in Kyoto with us as we will take you to the secret world of Geisha.
As we "walk" through the preserved Geisha districts, we will "step into" into their house and we will give you in-depth explanations and insight of their way of life and particular traditions that you would have trouble understanding otherwise.
Included in price
- English or French explanations
Know before you book
- Experience available at:
09:00 JST (Japan Standard Time)
- The experience is broadcast live from Kyoto, Japan. To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
- Price per person: JPY 2,000
- Price per person in private group (2 to 8 participants): JPY 3,500 yen
2 days prior to the day of your online experience: 40% of tour price
1 day prior: 50% of tour price
On the day, no-show: 100 % of tour price
- As this is an online experience, make sure you are able to access Zoom, or download it to the device you will use
What you need to bring
- Headphones (if necessary)
- Smile and a positive attitude
This is an online session, held live from Kyoto, Japan. Once you book the experience, the organizer will send you the Zoom link required for you to access the session.