- Instruct your guide on which items you would like to see
- Enjoy on-the-spot interpreting with shop owners to learn more
- Have your items delivered from Japan
THE JUNEI HOTEL, based in Kyoto, brings you an exclusive experience. You will go shopping for famous Kyoto Kyo-yaki, or Kyoto ceramics from the comfort of your home.
On the day of your tour, your guide will take you on a virtual tour in the Gojo-zaka and/or Chawan-zaka. Both are famous for Kiyomizu-yaki pottery. Then you will tour one to three shops that specialize in Kiyomizu-yaki and choose items you would like to purchase. Your guide will show you around and provide interpreting for any questions you may have about the artisans and items on display. Finally, by the end of the tour, you will make a decision on which item(s) you would like to obtain. The purchase will be arranged on your behalf and item(s) shipped to your designated postal address internationally.
Shop for original Kyoto ceramics on Gojo-zaka via ZOOM with your JUNEI HOTEL guide. After choosing which items you would like, you can pay from the comfort of your home and wait for your items to be shipped to you or to your loved ones, knowing they will be worth the international shipping wait.
Our partners at TOHGORO proudly provide a wide array of both traditional and contemporary Kiyomizu-yaki ceramics to suit every taste and style.
To make the most of your shopping experience, please let us know in advance if there are particular artists or items you are looking for, or if you aren't sure yet, we can work with a few of your preferences to introduce new items to you. As these tours are provided upon request, we only accept inquiries from serious buyers.
Included in price
- Introduction of 1~3 ceramics shops that allow the tour (will need to be discussed)
- Viewing of the store and better views of the items that interest the customer
- Interpreting with the shop owner
- Purchases and shipping arranged on behalf of the customer (decisions must be made by conclusion of the tour)
- Admission to Kiyomizu-dera temple
- Non-ceramic related shops
- The price of any items chosen or shipping costs
Know before you book
- Price: JPY 4,000 per person
- Minimum 4 persons and maximum 25 persons may join one session
- Cancellation:3 days prior to the day of the tour - 50%, On the day - 100%, No-show - 100%
- Due to COVID-19, there are no reliable estimate on international shipping times. Customers accept that there may be a long wait for their items.
- Only shops that provide international shipping will be introduced. THE JUNEI HOTEL accepts no responsibility for lost or broken packages.
- The customer must provide credit card information for purchases before the tour.
- Please make sure you have access to Zoom on the device you will use to join the online experience. Once your booking is confirmed, the organizer will send you the Zoom URL link and password for access.To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
What you need to bring
- Nothing in particular
Organised by The Junei Hotel
There are no reviews yet.