- Explore Ghibli-related spots throughout Japan from north (Hokkaido) to the south (Kagoshima) together
- Find the rich nature of Japan including two world natural heritages
- Meet a local Ghibli fan and share our love for Ghibli animated films
This online experience will take you to the places which are said to be the inspirations of Ghibli films. The tour is about 60-75 minutes' experience via Zoom. We offer our Ghibli Spots in Japan tour in the hope of expanding your wish list places for your next visit to Japan!
Travel virtually with us from the comfort of your home and check out Ghibli- related places across the country. We will take you around Tokyo, Hokkaido as well as the south of Japan - Yaku Island in Kagoshima. The places we will visit all hold magic that has been translated into Ghibli movies by Hayao Miyazaki.
Do you like Ghibli animated films? If the answer is yes, this tour is for you! Let's explore Ghibli-related places throughout Japan without leaving your couch.
Starting from Tokyo where the animations are being created, we will explore many places which are said to be inspirations of some of the scenes of the films such as the forest of "My Neighbor Totoro", a bathhouse where Chihiro worked at in "Spirited Away", the enchanted forest seen in “Princess Mononoke”, and more.
We will explore virtually from the north (Hokkaido) to the south (Yaku island) of Japan.
Discover the richness of the nature of Japan while answering some quizzes with other Ghibli fans. After the tour, we will share a list of places we covered including some Ghibli-themed cafes and restaurants.
*Caution*: Please note that as animated films are all fiction, the places we explore are not exactly the same as in the animated films. Please note that there is a chance that you are the only guest in this tour as we operate this tour from one person. Please let us know if you prefer joining with other guests.
Included in price
- English speaking online guide
- Consulting service for your future travel
- Q & A session about Ghibli and Japan
- Real guide
1 person: JPY 2,300 per person
2 persons or more: JPY 1,500 per person
Maximum number of participants in a public group is 10.
2-3 persons: JPY 6,000 per group
4 persons or more: JPY 1,500 per person
Maximum number of participants in a private group is 15.
Contact us at <firstname.lastname@example.org> for private tour arrangements.
Know before you book
- Please note:
· If you do not show up at the start time, our guide will wait for you for another 20mins after the start time.
· If you still can not join in the Zoom session after 20 mins, your booking will be canceled and we will not be able to make a refund nor reschedule for you.
· The tour time will be 1 hour 15mins, we will not extend the tour time due to the lateness.
Full refund: 8 days prior to tour date
4-7 days prior: 15% of tour price
3 days prior: 25% of tour price
2 days prior: 35% of tour price
The day prior: 55% of tour price
On the day, no-show: 100% of tour price
- Please download Zoom in advance.
- The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
What you need to bring
- PC, laptop, tablet
- Internet connection
How you will participate
- E-meet via Zoom
This is an online experience. Once you place your booking, the organizer will send you the Zoom link for accessing the tour.
Organised by Japan Wonder Travel.com
Great tour! Can highly recommend, not only just for Ghibli fans.