- Live commentary by Samurai Joe in a virtual Kyoto tour
- Exclusive, never before seen photos and video footage, including thrilling samurai sword performance videos by Joe-san
- Q&A session
You have a unique opportunity to listen to the life story of Joe Okada, the Last Samurai. Joe-san himself will tell you about his childhood, his youth days and adventures both in Japan and overseas. Joe-san will also take you virtually around Kyoto. You will visit places like a pewter factory, lacquerware shop, an old bookstore, ladies' accessory shop, a traditional "ame" Japanese candy factory, a kimono sore and much more. There will be plenty of exclusive video clips and photographs usually not on display.
You will also have a chance to speak with Joe yourself and ask him whatever you'd like to hear about his life, half-century long tour guide career and Japan in general.
Do not miss on this opportunity to meet one of the living legends of Japan. Get inspired for your next trip to Japan! Joe-san will be happy to welcome you on his extremely popular Cool Kyoto Walking Tour.
What was Samurai Joe’s childhood and youth like? Did he travel overseas? What has been his career as a tour guide like? These and many other questions, accompanied by multiple previously not released photos and video footage, Joe-san will answer himself live during his virtual tour. Samurai Joe will take you around Kyoto and show you some of the highlights as well as hidden gems in the city. You have the rare opportunity to hear Samurai Joe’s stories not only about himself but Japan in general. Let Joe-san inspire your next trip to Japan.
Make sure to book Samurai Joe’s popular Cool Kyoto Walking Tour once you are visiting Kyoto, and you will be meeting the living legend in person!
Included in price
- Live session with Samurai Joe
- Q&A session
- In-person tour conducted by Samurai Joe
Tour price: JPY 100,000 for a group of 1 person to up to 100 persons
10:00 am JST (Standard Japan Time)
14:00 pm JST
Know before you book
- To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
- The tour is conducted via the Zoom platform. Once you book the tour, you will receive the Zoom access link.
- It is not allowed to share the Zoom link provided with unregistered participants.
- It is not allowed to record the tour.
- Please make sure you have stable internet connection. The tour organizer is not responsible for any issues that may arise while using Zoom, and no refunds will be provided if you are not able to join the tour due to problems with connectivity. Kindly contact Zoom representative directly should you have any issues using the platform.
Up to 2 days prior: free cancellation
1 day prior, on the day, no-show: 100% of tour price
This is an online experience. Once you book the experience, you will receive the ZOOM platform access details.
Organised by Cool Kyoto Walking Tour
SAMURAI Joe Okada’s zoom session was the one I had been looking forward to for a long time. His sense of humor, jokes and anecdotes were awesome. His remark that to do swordsmanship, he keeps a strong mind and the sincerity to perform well did resonate with me. Thank you for giving me this opportunity!
It was nice to hear Joe`s story. It is amazing he is 91 years old, and still very active. His joke is alway with full of wit and i enjoyed very much. Thank you Joe and will see you again soon.
What an amazing show! I was so impressed by SAMURAI Joe Okada's Zoom meeting. I can't help admiring his energetic and skillful performance. He knows what an entertainment is. At the age of 91, he is evergreen, like pine trees. The way of being himself always inspires me with courage. I'm really looking forward to his next meeting.