- Learn calligraphy and the way of writing with calligraphy master
- Study the background of the Japanese culture
- Write Kanji characters by yourself
I would like to share my knowledge of “shuji" (calligraphy) and “shodo" (the way of writing) through this online experience. This experience is not only about writing calligraphy. You'll also learn about its background and the history of the Japanese language. Calligraphy expresses one’s personality and gives a good insight into that person’s way of life. It touches the heart and, somehow, clears the mind.
I'll begin the session with an introduction to calligraphy and teach you Japanese words. After that, I'll give a demonstration, and then you'll get some hands-on experience. Lastly, we will have a Q&A session to cover what we have done in our class.
The session includes the following activities:
- Lecture on the "the way of writing"
- How to write beautiful Japanese calligraphy/ technique of writing
- Write calligraphy by yourself
- Questions/ Other
If possible, prepare the following calligraphy utensils:
- Black ink,
- Inkstone or black ink pot,
- Calligraphy brush,
If you don’t have the utensils, please prepare a note and pen instead of the utensils.
Included in price
- English speaking online lesson
- Calligraphy and the way of writing instructions
- Q & A session
- Offline calligraphy experience
Know before you book
- Available time: 08:00 JST (Japan Standard Time) to 17:00 JST.
- To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
- The price of JPY 2,000 is per person.
24 hours prior to tour starting time: Full refund
23-12 hours to tour starting time: 50 % of tour price
11-0 hours to tour starting time and no show: 100% of tour price
What you need to bring
- Laptop or smartphone, and good wi-fi connection
- A pair of chopsticks (If you don’t have it, please prepare 2 pens or 2 pencils.)
- Calligraphy utensils (If you don’t have it, please prepare note and pen instead.)
- Notebook and pen if you want to make notes
- A camera if you want to take photos during the class. (No video, please!)
How you will participate
After you book, you will receive a zoom ID and password information.
This is an online experience. Once you book the experience, the organizer will send you the Zoom link required for you to access the session.
Organised by Green Rose Calligraphy
There are no reviews yet.