- Receive your matcha kit prior to the online tea ceremony experience to fully enjoy the tour with us
- Discover the beauty and elegance of Kyoto tea ceremony performed by our experienced, knowledgeable tea instructors
- Feel free to ask any questions you may have about Japan, its culture and traditions
Japanese tea ceremony is so much more than drinking matcha and tasting sweets. Although it may appear an unusual experience to experience virtually, online, at its heart, tea ceremony is all about connection, mindfulness, and escape.
Allow us to introduce you to one of Japan's most famous and recognizable cultural pursuits. We will perform tea ceremony from our exclusive Kyoto-based tearoom, and introduce you to the world of matcha. Encompassing Zen, flower arranging, traditional architecture, and ceramics, there is a lot more to tea ceremony than meets the eye. Prior to your special online tea ceremony we will be sending you a matcha kit containing all the necessary items you need to fully enjoy Japanese tea ceremony from the comfort of your home.
Join us at Camellia teahouse in Kyoto for the authentic online tea experience and step into the elegant world of “sado” - the way of tea.
We very well know that many of you have had to cancel your Japan travel plans and visit to us in Kyoto, and that numerous people around the world are still in isolation due to COVID-19. Since you are not able to come to us, we thought we would bring tea ceremony to you with this online experience.
Our small, experienced team of tea instructors are ready to perform "sado", tea ceremony, and answer your questions about Japan. Prior to your online experience with us, we will be mailing you a carefully selected matcha kit, which contains all the necessary items you need to enjoy the "sado" experience with us on the day of your virtual tour.
We will be performing tea ceremonies from our Camellia Garden teahouse, close to the world-famous Ryoan-ji temple. The striking surroundings make ours one of the most breathtaking locations to experience tea ceremony in Kyoto.
Included in price
- Matcha kit: Matcha (30g - amount enough for 15 bowls of tea), Seasonal sweets (vegan, gluten free), Tea whisk (essential item when making Matcha), Tea scoop (for measuring out Matcha), Card explaining how to care for the items and how to make matcha
- Matcha kit postage
- Online tea ceremony for 2 persons
- In-person tea ceremony experience
The number of participants required for this virtual tour to run is 2.
Know before you book
- The price at JPY 10,000 is for a party of 2 persons.
- Each time slot for the experience with starting times between 9:00 JST and 19:00 JST has one spot available.
- The matcha kit will take approximately 1 week to arrive at your designated address (delivery time depends on the destination country). You will receive a tracking code once your matcha kit has been shipped from Japan.
- If your matcha kit does not arrive in time for your scheduled online experience, we will reschedule the online experience.
- We are happy to organize this online experience for corporate and other groups, contact us with your enquiries at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
◦ If you cancel the experience once your matcha kit has already been shipped, you will be charged the cancellation fee of JPY 4,000
◦ If you cancel the experience 1 day prior to the tour date, on the day or do not show up: JPY 10,000
What you need to bring
- Please prepare the matcha kit you will receive at your home address prior to the day of your online experience.
- Prepare a bowl and some hot water for the event. It is not necessary to have a tea bowl, a dessert or a cereal bowl will also work. The matcha making part happens in the last 3rd of the experience and the hot water should be prepared for then.
How you will participate
Our online experiences take place via Zoom. You do not need to sign up to the app. We will send you a link and a password. At the designated date and time, simply log on and we will be waiting for you. To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
This is an online session, held live from Kyoto, Japan. Once you book the experience, the organizer will send you the Zoom link required for you to access the session.
Organised by Tea Ceremony CAMELLIA
There are no reviews yet.