- Live commentary in English
- Live Q&A throughout the tour
- Shopping for Meiji Jingu selected souvenirs and Spirit of Japan Gift Box available
Join us on our Meiji Jingu Shrine virtual tour and in celebration of its 100th anniversary. Meiji Jingu is Japan’s largest Shinto shrine and one of the most revered sanctuaries in the country. Learn about the history of the shrine, important traditional customs upon entering shrines in Japan and more. Admire the beautiful architecture and calming forested grounds. If we are lucky we will also be able to catch a glimpse of a traditional Japanese wedding ceremony.
Explore one of the country’s most visited shrines in the heart of Tokyo but away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. You also have an opportunity to shop for selected souvenirs of Meiji Jingu Shrine. In the offer there are “ema” votive tablets, on which you may write your wishes as well as traditional “omamori” lucky charms. Fore more details see here.
You also have the option of purchasing a Spirit of Japan Gift Box, as an add-on to your virtual experience. The gift box contains a number of selected Japanese items, shipping is available worldwide. For more details see here.
We offer the tour as a private session as well. Contact us for details and requests at <email@example.com>.
Meet Your Guide: Davide Capretta
- June 23 at 15:30 JST
- June 30 at 15:30 JST
Start your virtual walk with your friendly, experienced guide at one of the impressive gates that mark the entrance to the sacred grounds of Meiji Jingu Shrine. What is the proper way to enter the sacred grounds of Shinto shrines in Japan? Who is Meiji Jingu Shrine named after and what’s the history there? When is the best time to visit? What is a power spot - is Meiji Jingu one? Answers to these and many other questions you can find along the way during this special online experience.
Towards the end of the tour you may also order and shop for selected Meiji Jingu souvenirs via our dedicated Japan Travel Shopper staff. Once you have decided on your purchase, you will be sent a payment link to the email address you provide. After the confirmed payment, your items will be purchased and shipped within 2 - 3 business days to the postal address you provide.
You also have the option of purchasing a Spirit of Japan Gift Box, shipped to your selected address worldwide.
Included in price
- Live commentary in English
- Q&A throughout the tour
- List of purchasable items
- Shopping option of items available for purchase
- In-person Meiji Jingu Tour
- Price of items available for purchase
- Shipping of items purchased
Know before you book
Minimum number of persons required for this virtual tour to run is 1.
- We offer this tour as a private session as well. For more details and requests contact us at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
- The tour is conducted via Zoom Webinar. Once you book the tour, you will receive the Zoom webinar access link.
- This tour offers a shopping option at Meiji Jingu. Items available for shopping can be viewed here. If you would like to make a purchase, you may contact one of our dedicated JT shoppers after the tour. Your purchased items will be shipped within 2-3 business days.
- Another shopping option is Spirit of Japan Gift Box. The gift box contains: 3 matcha rolls, 5 genmaicha tea bags, 1 packet of rice crackers, 1 daruma doll, 1 Japanese hand towel, 1 organic yuzu soap, 15 incense plum scent sticks, 1 goshuin calligraphy piece and 1 tatami coaster. Shipping is available worldwide. The gift box is shipped once a week on Fridays. All items purchased are final and non-refundable. Returned orders and/or items are not accepted. Prices shown include gift box price and shipping fee for selected destination.
2 days prior, 1 day prior: 50% of tour price
On the day, no-show: 100% of tour price
- If you do not show up for your booked tour 15 minutes after the tour starting time, the tour will be automatically cancelled and non-refundable.
- If the tour is postponed or cancelled on Japan Travel side on the date you have booked, you may reschedule for the next available date
- If there should be any technical difficulties on Japan Travel side during the tour you have booked, you may reschedule for the next available date.
This is an online experience. Once you book the experience, the organizer will send you the Zoom link required for you to access the session.
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.