- Live commentary in English
- Live Q&A throughout the tour
- Shopping for Meiji Jingu selected souvenirs available
Join us on our Meiji Jingu Shrine virtual tour and in celebration of its 100th anniversary. Meiji Jingu is Japan’s largest Shinto shrine and one of the most revered sanctuaries in the country. Learn about the history of the shrine, important traditional customs upon entering shrines in Japan and more. Admire the beautiful architecture and calming forested grounds. If we are lucky we will also be able to catch a glimpse of a traditional Japanese wedding ceremony.
Explore one of the country’s most visited shrines in the heart of Tokyo but away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. You also have an opportunity to shop for selected souvenirs of Meiji Jingu Shrine. In the offer there are “ema” votive tablets, on which you may write your wishes as well as traditional “omamori” lucky charms. Fore more details see here.
Meet Your Guide: Davide Capretta
- November 1 (Sun)
- November 6 (Fri)
- November 14 (Sat)
- November 22 (Sun)
- November 28 (Sat)
Starting time on all above dates: 15:30 JST (Japan Standard Time)
Start your virtual walk with your friendly, experienced guide at one of the impressive gates that mark the entrance to the sacred grounds of Meiji Jingu Shrine. What is the proper way to enter the sacred grounds of Shinto shrines in Japan? Who is Meiji Jingu Shrine named after and what’s the history there? When is the best time to visit? What is a power spot - is Meiji Jingu one? Answers to these and many other questions you can find along the way during this special online experience.
Towards the end of the tour you may also order and shop for selected Meiji Jingu souvenirs via our dedicated Japan Travel Shopper staff. Once you have decided on your purchase, you will be sent a payment link to the email address you provide. After the confirmed payment, your items will be purchased and shipped within 2 - 3 business days to the postal address you provide.
Included in price
- Live commentary in English
- Q&A throughout the tour
- List of purchasable times
- Shopping option of items available for purchase
- In-person Meiji Jingu Tour
- Price of items available for purchase
- Shipping of items purchased
Minimum number of persons required for this virtual tour to run is 1 person.
Know before you book
- To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
- The tour is conducted via Zoom Webinar. Once you book the tour, you will receive the Zoom webinar access link.
- This tour offers a shopping option. Items available for shopping are available here. If you would like to make a purchase, you may contact one of our dedicated JT shoppers after the tour. Your purchased items will be shipped within 2-3 business days.
2 days prior, 1 day prior - 50%;
On the day - 100%,
No-show - 100%
- If the tour is postponed or cancelled on Japan Travel side on the date you have booked, you may reschedule for the next available date
- If there should be any technical difficulties on Japan Travel side during the tour you have booked, you may reschedule for the next available date.
This is an online experience. Once you book the experience, the organizer will send you the Zoom link required for you to access the session.
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.