- A 30-minute tour of plum blossom forest with 15 varieties of a plum tree
- A look around one of Kyoto’s public parks, well-loved by locals
- Insight on often overlooked tourism spots within walking distance from Kyoto Station
On March 2, during a half hour stroll around the public park’s plum blossoms, we’ll take our time to stop and appreciate what’s in bloom while chatting about Umekoji Park, a local favorite spot within easy walking distance of Kyoto Station. Besides the plum blossoms forest, the park is also home to forest area, Japanese garden, restaurant, and outdoor skating rink, and the Kyoto Railway Museum and Kyoto Aquarium are its neighbors.
We’ll provide advice for how to fit this unventured spot into a future trip to Kyoto to see things from a local perspective. Speaking of perspective, we’ll provide advice for photographers on where to catch photos of a classic steam locomotive running in the background behind the blossoms!
Start time: 10 am JST on March 2, 2021
- Join us for a stroll around Umekoji Park’s Plum Blossom forest to appreciate the different types of blossoms together
- Gain insight on spots to visit in the public park so you can squeeze it into a future busy trip to Kyoto
- Appreciate the local, everyday Kyoto culture and learn more about the park’s history and attractions, such as the Kyoto Railway Museum
Included in price
- A tour of public plum blossom spots at Kyoto’s Umekoji Park
- Tour of the admission-required areas in Umekoji Park (Japanese Garden Suzaku no Niwa, etc.)
- Tour of Kyoto Railway Museum
- Tour of Kyoto Aquarium
Tour price: 1,000 yen per person
Minimum number of participants in this tour is 1 person.
Maximum number of participants in this tour is 10 persons.
Know before you book
- Bookings must be made by 1 March 2021, 5:00 pm JST.
- Free Cancelation up to 1 March 2021, 5:00 pm JST. On the day – 100 %, No-show – 100 %
What you need to bring
- Guests must have their own Zoom Account
- Guests must have their own microphone if they wish to ask questions or talk with hosts during the tour. Cameras are unnecessary.
- To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
How you will participate
After signing up for the tour, you will receive an email with the ZOOM conference information.
Please join us at the appointed time, relax, and enjoy the tour.
This is an online experience. Once you book the experience, the organizer will send you the Zoom link required for you to access the session.
Organised by The Junei Hotel
There are no reviews yet.