- Experience a tour of our 100 year old house and gardens
- Get up and close to one of Japan’s most famous cultural pursuits
- Our team of tea instructors are incredibly knowledgeable, so we hope you’ll ask them any questions you have about Japan
Tea ceremony is so much more than drinking Matcha and tasting sweets. Although it might seem an odd experience to perform online, at its heart tea ceremony is about connection, mindfulness, and escape.
Let us introduce you to one of Japan's most famous and recognizable cultural pursuits. From our exclusive tearoom, we will perform tea ceremony, and introduce you to the world of Matcha. Touching upon Zen, flower arranging, traditional architecture, and ceramics, there is a lot more to tea ceremony than meets the eye! Join us for our authentic online tea experience in Kyoto and step into the elegant world of “sado” - the way of tea.
We are aware that many of you have had to cancel your plans with us (and in coming to Japan), and that a great many people are in isolation at the moment due to COVID-19. As you cannot come to us, we thought we would bring tea ceremony to you with this online experience.
Our small, dedicated team of tea instructors, with many decades of experience in tea ceremony between us, are ready to perform tea ceremony and answer those burning questions you have about Japan.
We will be performing tea ceremonies from our Camellia Garden teahouse, close to the world-famous Ryoan-ji temple. The striking surroundings make ours one of the most beautiful locations to experience tea ceremony in Kyoto.
Included in price
- A virtual tour of our beautiful house and gardens
- An introduction to the world of tea
- An authentic tea ceremony
- This is an online tea ceremony, so, unfortunately, you will not be able to partake of the matcha and sweets (though we will be showing you both)
Minimum number of participants required for this virtual tour to run is 1.
Know before you book
- The price at JPY 2,500 is per person.
Each time slot for the experience with starting times between 10:00 JST and 17:00 JST has one spot available.
- Cancellation: You can cancel up to 24 hours before the reservation for a full refund
What you need to bring
- You do not need to bring anything, but if you have Matcha and a small whisk, we can show you how to make the perfect bowl of tea.
How you will participate
Our online experiences take place via Zoom. You do not need to sign up to the app. We will send you a link and a password. At the designated date and time, simply log on and we will be waiting for you. To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
This is an online session, held live from Kyoto, Japan. Once you book the experience, the organizer will send you the Zoom link required for you to access the session.
Organised by Tea Ceremony CAMELLIA
This was a lovely, peaceful and authentic experience. A beautiful insight into this aspect of Japanese culture. Thank you!