- Yamaguchi-san, a master of tea rolling and a producer of Japanese tea together with your English speaking guide take you to a tea farm
- Learn how Japanese tea leaves come from the farm to your table. Compare the traditional way and the current producing process
- Yamaguchi-san teaches you how to serve tea properly. You will enjoy tea brewing after receiving a packet of tea leaves from him by post
Kagoshima has a big production of Japanese green tea. Its warm climate and large farms are very unique and special in the production of high-quality tea. Let’s fly virtually to a farm with Yamaguchi-san, a master of tea rolling, and learn what makes Japanese tea special.
If you would like to make more virtual discoveries of Kagoshima, check out our recommended tour here.
When it comes to Japanese tea, you may think Kyoto or Shizuoka... but Kagoshima has a big tea leaf production and the quality is very high due to its climate. The area of Chiran, Kagoshima won a prize for the National Tea Fair in 2020!
Yamaguchi-san, a producer of Japanese tea and our tour guide will take you to the farm virtually and explain how Kagoshima tea is special. He will demonstrate tea leaf picking as well.
After visiting the farm, you will move to the tea house and learn how to produce tea from leaves to the product in the traditional way. We will also learn how it's produced in a factory.
At the end of the tour, Yamaguchi-san will show you how to brew tea properly at home.
Once you received a bag of tea as a souvenir after joining the tour (we will post to your address!), please try to brew it at your home... And plan your next visit to Kagoshima!
Included in price
- English-speaking online guide
- Kagoshima souvenir (Fukamushi tea leaf 50g) after the tour
- Postage (standard)
- Real guide
- Telecom charge which occurs at your end
Know before you book
1 day prior to tour date: 100% refundable
On the day, no-show: 100% of tour price
When you book the tour, you can join the tour with your family and friends on your device (one device only)
- If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by e-mail before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
- Please download Zoom in advance. Please check your internet connection environment before the tour.
- If any system problem occurs at our side, we will refund 100% of the tour price.
- We will not guarantee that any system problem occurs at your side.
- The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
- Due to the COVID-19 circumstances, it will take a longer time to ship the souvenir than usual. Some countries won't allow importing Japanese tea. Please check with your country's customs. We would be able to change it to other tea-related items. Please send us an inquiry about the details.
How you will participate
E-meet via Zoom
This is an online experience. Once you place your booking, the organizer will send you the Zoom link for accessing the tour.
Organised by TABITTO
There are no reviews yet.