- The tour guide in a kimono of Ooshima Tsumugi, Japanese Traditional silk pongee takes you to explore Kagoshima, the city of the Last Samurai.
- Enjoy the live Kagoshima scenery from a Jinrikisha - human-powered vehicle which was used in the Last Samurai era.
- Learn the history of the Meiji Restoration and Japanese modernization
Satsuma- currently Kagoshima is located in the most southern part of Japan mainland. It has been one of the main ports for trading with other countries and has interesting histories.
Let us virtually travel back to the Restoration era (1870’s) in the dress and the vehicle of the period and explore Kagoshima - the city of the Last Samurai! Visit Kagosima virtually with us. Inspire your next trip to Japan.
On your device’s screen, the tour will start with your guide, Miki at the Ooshima Tsumugi shop. She will give you some information about the city. You will also learn what Ooshima Tsumugi, silk pongee, and how special it is. After seeing Ooshima Tsumugi, you will go out with the guide to get on Jinrikisha for the tour under the sun! It is a real virtual tour! Your Jinrikisha driver takes you to the city and head to Kotsukigawa river, where has historical sites along. After getting to “Kagoshima History Road” along Kotsukigawa river, Miki will share some history about Meiji Restoration and the Last Samurai era. If you are lucky enough, you will finish the tour with the beautiful view of Sakurajima, the active volcano in the city from the bridge.
Included in price
- English speaking online guide
- Souvenir (green tea bags) after the tour by post
- 1,000yen coupon for real experience in Kagoshima
- Real guide
- November 7, at 10 am JST (Japan Standard Time)
- December 6, at 3 pm JST (Japan Standard Time)
Know before you book
- Cancellation policy: To the day prior: 10%, On the day: 100% No show: 100%
- If the tour is canceled due to bad weather conditions, a notice will be sent by e-mail before 6 PM (JST) 1 day prior to the tour. The guests will be able to reschedule/choose the alternative day or the tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
- Please download Zoom in advance.
- The time is Japan Standard Time (GMT +9:00). To check the time zone difference between your country and Japan, you may refer to this time zone converter
What you need to bring
- PC, laptop, tablet
- Internet connection
How you will participate
- E-meet via Zoom
This is an online experience. Once you place your booking, the organizer will send you the Zoom link for accessing the tour.
Organised by TABITTO
There are no reviews yet.