- Meet in person one of the living legends of Japan - Samurai Joe Okada in scenic and historical Kyoto for a unique performance
- Witness Samurai Joe's sword mastery in a series of exciting demonstrations
- Train with Samurai Joe and gain some samurai skills yourself
If you are in Kyoto or planning on heading to this ancient capital of Japan, makes sure not to miss an experience offered in Samurai Joe's tour. Samurai Joe has had a half century long career as a tour guide and has appeared in over 100 domestic and close to 30 overseas TV programs. He has been a guest with famous hosts such as David Letterman and Regis Philbin.
Under the guidance of the living legend Joe-san, try your hand at swordsmanship. Two of Samurai Joe's trainees have already entered Guinness Book of Records in 2004 and 2009 with their impressive sword skills.
Join Samurai Joe Okada in Kyoto and become a samurai for a day yourself!
Another memorable tour is Cool Kyoto Walking Tour.
Have you ever tried cutting an apple in mid-air with a samurai sword? Now you have the opportunity! Samurai Joe Okada, the longest established guide Japan and excellent swordsman will show you the way during his tour in Kyoto.
Meet legendary Samurai Joe Okada in Kyoto, enjoy the tranquility of Shimogoryo Shrine, which has ties to the Kyoto Imperial Court and witness Joe-san's thrilling samurai sword performance. Learn from the master yourself and see if you can break the Guinness World Record while cutting an apple in mid-air in under 60 seconds.
Included in price
- Props needed for training: kimono, sword, knife, apples
- Instructions by Samurai Joe
- Samurai Joe's performance
- Transportation to/from the place of the experience
- Any personal expenses
Tour duration: 2 hours
Tour price: 70,000 yen
2 persons: 80,000 yen
3 persons: 90,000 yen
4 persons: 100,000 yen
Tour duration: 4 hours
Tour price: 100,000 yen per person
2 persons: 110,000 yen
3 persons: 120,000 yen
4 persons: 130,000 yen
Minimum number of participants per tour is 1 person.
Maximum number of participants per tour is 4 persons.
Know before you book
- The tour is available upon request.
Please fill out the inquiry form and state your preferred date. We will get back to you with the tour availability.
For more information contact us at <email@example.com>
2 days prior, 1 day prior - 50%
On the day - 100%
No-show - 100%
- The tour mostly takes place at at the garden of "Kyoto Imperial Palace-related" historical Shimogoryo Shinto Shrine.
Organised by Cool Kyoto Walking Tour
There are no reviews yet.