- Choose between buying your fish at a local market and catching them yourself right from the ocean!
- After acquiring fish, fresh as it can be, head to a local family-owned sushi restaurant for step-by-step instruction on making your very own sushi masterpiece!
- Enjoy your sushi masterpiece and sample a variety of delicious sashimi and sushi selections that have been delicately prepared!
Enjoy the delicious seafood of Yamagata Prefecture directly from its source by purchasing your own fish from a traditional fish market or joining local fishermen to fish off the coast of the Shonai Region!
After you have your fresh fish, we will then prepare them in a variety of dishes together with the instruction of a local sushi restaurant and their master chefs!
Our sushi workshop experiences are highly customizable and vary throughout the year as the availability of fresh fish changes.
We will start off by meeting either at the port of fish market where you can either catch your own fish or experience the thrill of the live fish auction!
Our local chef will then butcher a whole fish into fresh sashimi that we will be able to use in the workshop.
Participants will then watch as the chef demonstrates how to make nigiri sushi with a special technique to form immaculate nigiri sushi.
Participants will then try their hand at making their own sushi and will receive continued support from the chef as they make their 10 pieces of nigiri and rolled sushi.
This experience will finish with a meal built around your sushi together with the chef.
Included in price
- All ingredients costs
- English translation by a local translator
- Meal after the workshop
- Instruction by local chef
- Transportation to/from starting/ending points of the experience
- Personal travel insurance
- Personal costs incurred during the tour (souvenirs, etc.)
- Anything additionally ordered at the restaurant
Know before you book
2 days prior to the day of your trip: 40% of tour price
1 day prior: 50% of tour price
On the day, no-show: 100% of tour price
What you need to bring
- Information on any allergies or dietary restrictions.
We will meet either at Sakata Fish Market (Market tour)
2-5-10 Funabacho, Sakata, Yamagata 998-0036
Sakata Station (Fishing tour)
1-chōme-1 Saiwaichō, Sakata, Yamagata 998-0023
Organised by The Hidden Japan
There are no reviews yet.