- The only place in Japan where you can experience Japanese traditional sword arts and the samurai ways which have been the same for 400 years
- Enjoy watching a performance of samurai masters such as drawing a sword, shuriken, and sword appreciation which were traditionally hidden from public eye
- Have photos taken with the samurai after the performance and get a gift of traditional Japanese sweets
Experience the genuine samurai way in a traditional setting in the heart of Tokyo. The master of the Tenshinryu style introduces this special experience. This style dates back to Edo period, 400 years ago. Choose between learning three different samurai skills, such as sword drawing, shuriken throwing and sword appreciation.
Tenshinryu Samurai Dojo has opened at "Tsukunesamurai" which is a grilled Japanese chicken specialty restaurant in Shibuya Dougenzakaue. The exterior of the samurai "dojo" building is designed as the old-time Japanese style inn from Edo period and the interior as the traditional house. Stepping into the "dojo" feels like traveling back in time to Edo period.
Tenshin Ryu Samurai Dojo is the only place where you can see Tenshin Ryu sword art.
- Opening performance
- Drawing a sword and performing a sword fight
- Who is a samurai?
There are few real samurai today who learn and practice the traditional sword art and wear the same attire as 400 years ago.
- Samurai's daily ways: Introducing samurai daily life
Choose 1 from the following 3:
- Drawing a sword: Learning the movement of taking out a sword
- Shuriken: Throwing out two types of shuriken
- Sword appreciation: Samurai lectures on a sword and samurai's history
Try out cutting with a sword in the Tenshinryu style.
Lecture on hidden techniques of the Tenshinryu style.
Meditation with samurai to relax.
Included in price
- Performance and trial
- Goods used in trial
- Green tea and Japanese sweets
- Photos with samurai taken
- Transportation fee to and from the experience venue
- Any items sold at the venue
Regular Price: 5,000 yen per person
Please make sure that your preferred date is at least 2 weeks ahead of the day of booking.
The session is held in Japanese every Saturday from 13:00 to 14:30.
The session is held in English every Sunday from 13:00 to 14:30.
Minimum number of participants required for the session to run is 1.
Maximum number of participants per session is 15.
Other important information:
- Please wear casual clothes for trial and meditation
Know before you book:
- Cancellation policy:
5 days prior to the experience - 50%
1 day before, and on the day of experience - 100%
Both the meeting place and the experience venue are at the "Tsukune Samurai Sakanoue" in Shibuya Ward, Dogenzakaue.
Organised by NES-IRG
There are no reviews yet.