- Experience the old mode of transportation during your visit to Japan
- Get to learn about the local area from your rickshaw guide!
- Choose from a variety of locations in Japan!
Traverse the roads of Tokyo, Kyoto, Oita, Hokkaido or Kamakura the traditional way - onboard a human-powered rickshaw! Tour the highlights in these destinations both the traditional and fun way. Ride a rickshaw in Japan and see cities and towns from a different perspective.
There are multiple ways of traveling around Japan, but to really get familiar with the local area, why not consider a rickshaw tour?
Ebisuya offers a rickshaw experience, coupled with explanations of the local area in English. Choose from a variety of regions available, including the old-world charm of Asakusa in Tokyo, the calm and serenity of Kyoto (Arashiyama or Higashiyama area), the breezy seaside town of Kamakura, the enchanting port city of Otaru in Hokkaido, or the intriguing onsen town of Yufuin in Oita prefecture.
Sit back, relax and get your camera ready as your rickshaw guide takes you around the local streets of Japan!
Ebisuya operates daily, all year round, without scheduled holidays. The exception is the Otaru branch in Hokkaido which may be closed on certain days in October and November. Contact the tour operator for details.
Once the booking has been received, the availability of your preferred branch date and time will be confirmed.
Hours of operation: 9.30 am to sunset*
*Hours of operation may be shortened or suspended due to weather conditions and other factors
This tour includes:
- Rickshaw ride around chosen area
This tour does NOT include:
- Transportation to/from the chosen rickshaw experience meeting point
- Any personal expenses incurred
Other important information:
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes prior to departure
- English support is available. For other languages, please inquire with the tour operator directly
- The tours are wheelchair-accessible
- In the event of rain or snow, the rickshaw's canvas roof and waterproof cover will keep you dry
- Children under the age of 6 can ride the rickshaw free of charge provided they sit on the lap of an accompanying adult
The various meeting points for the rickshaw ride are as follows (hyperlinked to Google Map locations):
Asakusa, Tokyo: In front of the Police box of the Kaminari Gate (Thunder Gate)
Kamakura, Kanagawa: Rickshaw stand at Ni-no-torii (No.2 shrine gate)
Arashiyama, Kyoto: Rickshaw stand by the Togetsukyo Bridge
Higashiyama, Kyoto: Main rickshaw stand at Ichinenzaka (cobble stone street - Nene Street - by the Ichinenzaka and Kodaiji Temple) and
Rickshaw stand at Ginkakuji Temple (on the Ginkakuji-bashi Bridge)
Otaru, Hokkaido: Rickshaw stand at Chuobashi bridge by the Otaru Canal
Organised by Ebisuya Rickshaw
There are no reviews yet.