- No competition to get one of Tokyo's cool electric city bikes
- Ride all day, until just before midnight
- Pre-booking available until midnight two days prior to day of use
Japan Travel Bike offers you the opportunity to plan your bike riding in Tokyo more easily with our pre-booking system. Secure your bike two days prior to the date of use, and do not worry about looking for a bike during your stay in Tokyo.
Tokyo has an excellent city share bike service, with over 6,000 high-end electric bikes available from 580 ports around the city. There is no better way to get a feel for this very safe megapolis than to ride its many parks, back streets, and broad sidewalks with the wind blowing in your hair. The fish markets, Shinjuku’s Golden Gai, Shibuya Crossing, the new Olympic stadium, the Imperial Palace, and the Tokyo SkyTree – they’re all accessible by bicycle.
We solve the two biggest drawbacks of a share bike, which is competition for bikes at the popular locations and finding a bike that is fully charged. Our pre-booked service guarantees you get a fully charged bike, waiting for you at one of our designated pre-booked sites, along with options such as helmets and recommended riding courses.
Check out our Japan Travel Bike page for more information on the Bike Share service.
Pre-booking is available until midnight two days prior to day of use. (for example, if you would like to use a share bike on Sep 5, you need to place your order by 23:59, on Sep 3).
*Once you make your booking, we will communicate your preferred options via email
Bike Pickup Location:
*Check the map of pre-pickup locations here.
- Shibuya JT Bike pickup
- Shinjuku JT Bike pickup
- Roppongi JT Bike pickup
- Kojimachi JT Bike pickup
- Akihabara JT Bike pickup
- Ginza/Tsukiji JT Bike pickup
- Bike (150 cm - 180 cm)
- Bike (160 cm - 190 cm)
Helmet: (+ 300 yen)
*Not required, but recommended
- Medium (54 cm - 58 cm)
- Large (58 cm - 61 cm)
Free Bike Course Book
This service includes:
- Tokyo electric city share bike for whole day (until 23:59)
- Fully charged battery
- Front basket for your backpack
- Downloadable free cycling course itinerary
- Optional helmets
This service does NOT include:
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- Water bottle, sunscreen, meals, beverages, etc.
Know before you book:
- Children (generally under 12) are not allowed to rent electric assist bikes.
- You must be at least 4 feet and 7 inches (140 cm) tall.
- You should have sufficient travel, injury, sickness, or accident (including sporting accidents) insurance.