- Illuminating anime tour of Tokyo with a knowledgeable guide
- Nakano Broadway, with its myriad of anime inspired products
- Chance to walk through the lush environs of Inokashira Park and Studio Ghibli
Drink in the eye-popping colors and fantastic graphics of anime during on the Nakano Broadway and Studio Ghibli tour. Shop for anime-inspired products in fun and unique Nakano Broadway stores. Heading to Studio Ghibli Museum and immerse yourself in the world of hand-drawn and computer animation in Tokyo.
Meet your friendly guide outside Nakano Station and stretch your legs on a short journey to Nakano Broadway—a 4-storey shopping arcade lauded for its collection of retail boutiques selling anime-inspired products including manga comics, figurines, video games, and consoles. Wander through the trove of aesthetic treasures and discover the complex's best shops. If you like, your guide can even help you locate a particular collector's item or souvenir.
Following the shopping extravaganza, head to Nakano Station and purchase a ticket for a ride to Kichijoji station. From Kichijoji station, wander through Inokashira Park, which was presented by the emperor as a gift to the public during Japan's Edo period. Following a refreshing walk, bid your guide farewell and venture inside Studio Ghibli for a self-guided tour of the anime studio founded by celebrated film director and manga artist Hayao Miyazaki. Experience the cultural institute at your own pace before making your own way back to your hotel.
Read more on Ghibli Museum.
- 1:15 pm > Gather at JR Nakano station North exit, outside Newdays convenience store
- 1:30 pm > Set off for Nakano Broadway
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm > Tour of Nakano Sunmall and Nakano Broadway
- 2:30 pm - 3 pm > Free time to shop around Nakano Broadway
- 3p m - 3:30 pm > Take train from Nakano Broadway to Kichijoji station
- 3:30 pm - 4 pm > Walk through Inokashira Park to Ghibli Museum
- 4 pm > Tour ends at Ghibli Museum entrance, customer to enter museum on their own
This tour includes:
- Small-group guided anime tour to Nakano Broadway and Studio Ghibli
- Ticket to Studio Ghibli Museum
- Self-guided tour of Studio Ghibli Museum
- Live tour commentary provided in English
This tour does NOT include:
Public transportation during the tour
Other important information:
- The booking window of this tour for any given month will be closed by 6 pm on the 9th of the month prior (e.g. all bookings for October will have to be made by 9th September, 6 pm)
- Maximum group size is 6 people
- This tour ends in front of the Ghibli Museum near Inokashira Park
- Tour times are subject to change based on the availability of Studio Ghibli tickets
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
The meeting point will be at the NewDays convenience store at the north exit of Nakano Station.
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.