- Illuminating anime tour of Tokyo with a knowledgeable guide
- Nakano Broadway, with its myriad of anime inspired products
- Chance to walk through the lush environs of Inokashira Park and Studio Ghibli
Drink in the eye-popping colors and fantastic graphics of anime during on the Nakano Broadway and Studio Ghibli tour. Shop for anime-inspired products in fun and unique Nakano Broadway stores. Heading to Studio Ghibli Museum and immerse yourself in the world of hand-drawn and computer animation in Tokyo.
Meet your friendly guide outside Nakano Station and stretch your legs on a short journey to Nakano Broadway—a 4-storey shopping arcade lauded for its collection of retail boutiques selling anime-inspired products including manga comics, figurines, video games, and consoles. Wander through the trove of aesthetic treasures and discover the complex's best shops. If you like, your guide can even help you locate a particular collector's item or souvenir.
Following the shopping extravaganza, head to Nakano Station and purchase a ticket for a ride to Kichijoji station. From Kichijoji station, wander through Inokashira Park, which was presented by the emperor as a gift to the public during Japan's Edo period. Following a refreshing walk, bid your guide farewell and venture inside Studio Ghibli for a self-guided tour of the anime studio founded by celebrated film director and manga artist Hayao Miyazaki. Experience the cultural institute at your own pace before making your own way back to your hotel.
Read more on Ghibli Museum.
13:15 Gather at JR Nakano station North exit, outside Newdays convenience store
13:30 Set off for Nakano Broadway
13:30 - 14:30 Tour of Nakano Sunmall and Nakano Broadway
14:30 pm - 15:00 Free time to shop around Nakano Broadway
15:00 - 15:30 Take train from Nakano Broadway to Kichijoji station
15:30 - 16:00 Walk through Inokashira Park to Ghibli Museum
16:00 Tour ends at Ghibli Museum entrance, customer to enter museum on their own
Included in price
- Small-group guided anime tour to Nakano Broadway and Studio Ghibli
- Ticket to Studio Ghibli Museum
- Self-guided tour of Studio Ghibli Museum
- Live tour commentary provided in English
- Public transportation during the tour
Other important information
- The booking window of this tour for any given month will be closed by 18:00 JST on the 9th of the month prior (e.g. all bookings for October will have to be made by 9th September, 18:00 JST)
- Maximum group size is 6 people
- This tour ends in front of the Ghibli Museum near Inokashira Park
- Tour times are subject to change based on the availability of Studio Ghibli tickets
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
9th day of month prior to tour - 8 days prior: 10% of tour price (e.g. if tour is in May, cancellation fees apply from April 9th due to the difficulty of obtaining Ghibli Museum tickets)
8 days - 3 days prior: 30% of tour price
2 days prior to tour: 50% of tour price
1 day prior to tour: 80% of tour price
On the day, no-show: 100 % of tour price
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.