- Best way to experience the real atmosphere of traditional ways of living in the ancient capital of Kyoto
- Easy bicycle ride lets you enjoy sighseeing in Kyoto comfortably, away from busy main roads
- Experienced interpreter guide helps you expand your knowledge on Kyoto
This bike tour takes you around the back streets of Kyoto with an English-speaking interpreter guide. Discover a new side of the city that can't be seen on bus or walking tours. Enjoy sightseeing in historical areas such as Miyagawacho and Gion where the traditional atmosphere of Kyoto persists. Let our Kyoto back street guided bike tour be one of the highlights of your trip to Japan.
In case you would rather explore Kyoto on foot, see our recommended tour here.
Departure from KCTP Kyoto Station Cycle Terminal
Morning session starts at 09:30
Afternoon session starts at 13:30
Miyagawacho Geisha District
The tour takes you around Miyagawacho, the second largest among the five entertainment districts in Kyoto. Along with Gion, the district has a unique atmosphere with "machiya" - traditional wooden merchant houses, lined along narrow streets.
Gion Geisha District
Gion developed as a major "kagai", entertainment district with maiko and geiko, in Kyoto and keeps the elegant and refined atmosphere of old times.
Willow trees along the Shirakawa River
The Shirakawa River runs through the Gion area and is lined by many cherry and willow trees, giving it the traditional feel of Kyoto.
Heian Jingu Shrine
Enjoy coasting through the large "torii" gate on your bicycle.
Kyoto Imperial Palace Park
Cycle around the Kyoto Imperial Palace and the Kyoto’s main river (the Kamo River).
Tour ends at KCTP Kyoto Station Terminal
Morning section ends at 12:30
Afternoon section ends at 16:30
Included in price
- Services of licensed English-speaking interpreter guide
- Rental bicycle fee
- Accident insurance
- Admission fees and other costs not included in the itinerar
Minimum number of persons required for the tour to run is 1.
Depending on the weather, the cycling tour may be substituted for a walking tour.
Traffic and weather conditions may affect the cycling tour finishing time.
Regarding children joining the cycling tour:
- Children (10 years and older) who cannot ride a bicycle on their own are not allowed to join.
- Please note that even when children are able to ride independently, the cycling tour may switch to a walking tour if KCTP staff determines that cycling would be dangerous for children who are participating.
- The cycling tour is recommended for children whose height is over 110 cm (3 ft 7 in).
Know before you book:
2 days prior to the day of your trip: 40 % of tour price
1 day prior: 50 % of tour price
On the day, no-show: 100 % of tour price
Organised by Kyoto Cycling Tour Project
There are no reviews yet.