- Kendo and Samurai culture instruction
- Demonstration and practical guidance by a well trained guide
- Tournament style combat game
The experience allows you to work with a kendo instructor who speaks English in an easy to understand way, and also has a black belt.
From basic etiquette skills of “kendo“ to learning about and using armor, you will be provided a varied kendo experience that is perfect for a first visit to Japan.
What is Kendo experience? It is about swordsmanship, a traditional Japanese martial arts skill of the samurai, the path of the sword in Japan. The experience allows you to work with a kendo instructor who speaks English in an easy to understand way.
Practice the time-honored arts of samurai swordsmanship during this exclusive, hands-on kendo workshop. Work one-on-one with an experienced Kendo instructor, with all equipment and armor included. Learn practical skills and put your new moves to the test during a tournament-style combat game.
All experience levels are welcome, and participants receive complimentary drinks and a souvenir kendo towel.
- A hands-on kendo workshop in Japanese martial arts of the Samurai
- Choose from flexible start times, with options to suit every schedule
- Learn practical kendo moves and tackle your opponents in a mock tournament
- Enjoy complimentary drinks and go home with a keepsake kendo towel
Included in price
- Professional guide/instructor
- Rental of kendo armor and equipment
- Bottled mineral water
- Novelty gift
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Know before you book
- Experience is available on weekdays only, normally from 10:00, however other starting times may be available, contact us for more information
- Minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 2 persons.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
※Not applicable for groups of over 5 participants
- If you cancel between 2 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 % cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 1 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 % cancellation fee.
- Guests with heart and cardiovascular issues are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Guests who are suffering from the ill-effects of the excessive consumption alcohol or are under the influence of alcohol on the day of the activity, are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Guests who are pregnant are not permitted to participate in this activity.
- Children 9 years old and above can participate in this activity.
Organised by Samurai Trip
A great experience for anyone looking to learn about kendo. Highly recommended!