- Spend a day touring one of Japan’s oldest towns, sometimes nicknamed as “Kyoto of Eastern Japan"
- Ride in a rickshaw and take in the colorful traditional surroundings worth every snapshot
- Find out all there is about Kamakura and Japan in general from your dedicated and experienced local guide
Looking for a perfect one-day getaway destination when in Tokyo or Yokohama? Head to Kamakura, and with an experienced local guide tour its most popular spots. Kamakura is an ancient samurai town, where the first samurai government in Japan was founded in the 12th century. It is home to e Great Buddha statue, and numerous historic temples and shrines. Also, many picturesque Japanese gardens and stunning views of the lush surrounding nature. Join the Kamakura Highlights Guided Tour and explore the town’s rich history, culture, and traditions. Visit Kamakura’s top temples and shrines, ride in a rickshaw, enjoy shopping and local flavors in its busy and colorful downtown area.
10:00 Meet your guide at Kita-Kamakura Station
10:15 Explore Daihnji Enkaki-ji Temple, one of the most important Zen Buddhism temples in the country
11:00 Visit Tokeiji Temple, today a Buddhist temple, formerly a nunnery with 600 years of history
12:00 Visit Kenchoji Temple, ranked first among Kamakura’s top 5 Zen temples, also the oldest Zen training Buddhist monastery in Japan
13:00 Lunch in Komachi Street, a bustling little downtown area with numerous shops and restaurants
14: 30 Ride in a rickshaw
15:00 Visit Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, the most important Shinto shrine in Kamakura, located in town center, home to two museums and place where numerous festivals are held
17:00 End of tour at Kamakura Station
Included in price
- Private guide
- Entrance fees
- Rickshaw ride
- Food and drinks
- Any personal expenses incurred
Minimum number of participants per tour is 2 persons.
Maximum number of participants per tour is 6 persons.
- 5 days prior to tour date: 50% of tour price
- 3 days prior to tour date: 30% of tour price
- 2 days prior, 1 day prior, on the day f the tour, no-show: 100% of tour price
Organised by Japan Travel KK
There are no reviews yet.