- Visit a lush green tea plantation in the Shizuoka countryside
- Enjoy the real green tea experience with a tea master
- Have delicious Japanese-style lunch in a traditional setting
Would you like to know more about what it takes to produce that one cup of delicious Japanese green tea? Join an exclusive tour in Shizuoka, the home to Japanese tea, tour a tea plantation and learn about this beloved traditional beverage from the experienced tea master.
Head to Ocha-no-machi, situated in Shizuoka Prefecture, widely known across the country for its verdant tea plantations and the most exquisite green tea produced. Be a part of a specially designed, small-group tour, and learn the story of 'ocha' - Japanese green tea from the dedicated locals. Visit the traditional home of a tea master, and get to know first-hand about the delicate layers of 'ocha' flavor, while savoring the tea poured in three different sessions.
After the green tea experience have lunch at a historical Fugetsuro Japanese restaurant, and then head for a stroll in Sunpu Park, where Sunpu Castle ruins can be seen. Look further into the history of Japan and the Edo Period when shoguns ruled - Sunpu Castle is where the famous leader Ieayasu Tokugawa spent his early years as a captive.
You can extend your visit to Shizuoka and stay at a comfortable, centrally located Hotel Century in downtown Shizuoka City, or venture further away from the bustle of the urban area, treat yourself to a resort-style stay at Nippondaira Hotel, and explore local natural and historical gems.
- 9:00 Pick up at Shizuoka Station
- 10:00 Arrive at the Green tea farm and Green Tea experience venue
- 11:30 Head to Fugetsuro Restaurant for lunch
- 12:30 Lunch at Fugetsuro Restaurant
- 13:30 Head to Sunpu Park
- 14:20 Depart for Shizuoka Station
- 14:30 Drop off at Shizuoka Station
The minimum number of participants required for the tour to run is 4.
This tour includes:
- Lunch in a traditional Japanese setting
- Private transport with a guide
This tour does NOT include:
- Transport to/from Shizuoka Station
- Any personal expenses incurred during the tour
Know before you book:
6 to 2 days prior to the day of your trip – 50 %,
1 day prior – 100 %,
On the day, No-show – 100 %
The meeting point for the tour is outside the ticket gates at Shizuoka Station.